Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiator Output

Options
Brad White_9
Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
If a radiator has 144 EDR (SF, same thing) each is worth 34,560 BTUH each. (Each SF EDR = 240 BTUH when using 2 psig steam in a 70 degree room you see.)

Seven such radiators work out to 241,920 BTUH.

Your multiplyer was off.

I would still buy the book though

;)

Comments

• scott337
    scott337 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Radiator Output

Looking in the Burnham Helper to figure out the BTU output of some steam radiators. Not having much luck, or I am questioning the results.
    Any help would be good.
    Radiators are 6ft long by 3 ft high, 36 sections with 3 columns per section. Any help to find the output of this would be great!
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    The information you provide is not *quite* enough to go on.

The Burnham Helper is not the only Burnham offering; they have a radiation brochure with some obsolete sizes as well (some repetition between them I am sure). They sound huge though!

3 feet high I am guessing is actually 38 inches. The shape of the tubes/columns factors in (Round? Oval?), spacing center to center (2.375 to 2.5 inches is common for large ones, your dimensions work out to 2 inches which is an odd spacing for radiators. 1.75 inches indicates small-tube but they would not likely be that tall.)

You may have to punt and guess between sizes and offerings.

Best bet is Dan Holohans EDR book, by link to the bookstore above left.
  • scott337
    Options
    without buying a book,.....

Spacing is approximate. I would say 2.5 is the actual. They are round/oval in shape.

The BUnrham book says to find H (38), Columns (3), Rows (28). Look at their chart and multiply 28 x 5 (from chart)=144. 144 sq. ft of steam for that ratiator?

If so, you multiply by 7 (number of radiators all the same) and get 1008 Sq. Ft of Steam? Or is this in MBH meaning 1,008,000 BTU??
  • scott337
    Options

I will send the check out tomorrow!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.