Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AWNA

Rich W
Rich W Member Posts: 175
Thanks for the cattle prod Weezbo, I needed that. I'm afraid you may need to turn up the voltage in the future though. :I)

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    anyone read this?

it is an interesting concept....
  • Rich W

Just like the guvmint to create duplicate legislation.
    FDR did this "for real" back in the 1930's. Cicero was right. Sadly the following is from 1965.

Government is in the business of housing the people, in prescribing the hours we can work, with whom we must work, the salaries we are paid and the tax to be withheld from that salary, the schools our children can go to and with whom they must sit and play, the highways we can drive on, how and where our food is grown and processed. The government concerns itself with the products you buy, the conditions under which they are manufactured, the manner in which they are advertised; the kind, the shape, and the size of the package in which they are offered; and how they are labeled. It Is meddling with your health, your general welfare, your old age and your retirement, your security after retirement, your savings and the banks in which you place your savings; the conduct of your city, its police department and its department of health; the conduct of the affairs of your state, its law enforcement, its elections, the composition of its legislature; and every other facet of your life, private and public.

But the people of this country may like all this - to say the least, they have asked for it. They have elected the public officials who brought it about and they sit around with their tin cups waiting for more. If that's what a majority of the people of this nation want, those of us who disagree can't complain. The majority has the right to change our form of government if it wishes. Remember 1965.

here is the link http://www.aapsonline.org/brochures/cicero.htm

Cicero had the same complaint in Rome about 2000 years ago...
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    That was a good read Rich.

it too changes the perspective.
  • wsdave
    wsdave Member Posts: 97
    LOL

ROFLMAO

Well - I can certainly believe it could be true!
    I work for the U.S. Postal Service AND being from Massachusetts I can believe Kennedy WOULD say something like that!
    Dave
  • Rich W

Sadly...not a joke. I voted for lower taxes AND lower spending. I'm ohfertwo. I'm also beginning to wish we had spent all those billions here. Paying the service people to watch the border and investing in American technology for conservation. As long as the politicians are going to spend it, let's at least get something tangible. Maybe high-tech boilers that WE export to other countries like we use to do.
    Remember, before we got fat, happy, and lazy as a nation. I'm not a fan of tax and spend. However, if we're going to do it, I'd rather see great products rolling off the line than big holes in the desert sand. Better yet, let me keep more of the money I earn so I can afford to build my own better mousetrap and sell it.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    AWNA

come on even Ted (no talent except as a drunk) Kennedy cant be that stupid or has he crownded himself a super moron thats about as stupid a bill to come up in congress I have ever seen theres a reason I do not go to Cape Code in the summer I dont want to have a runin with a drunk Kennedy

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • wsdave
    wsdave Member Posts: 97
    Funny

Funny read nonetheless.

I don't go near the Cape anymore either Ed.
    Not afraid of a stray Kennedy - too much traffic at the rotary(s) with a 28' trailer!

I'd rather go to Salibury Beach with my trailer.
    A bit much even for "Uncle Teddy" but.......
    he has backed a few wierd things lately!
    LOL
    Dave
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Just to be fair

Not all Kennedies on the Cape are drunks and not all agree with their cousin Ted, there are a few good Kennedy clansmen around.
This discussion has been closed.