Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar Hot Water Temp Monitors

Options
Brad White_9
Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
Constantin-
Is this what you use? Also you may want to check the link; it tries to access "ourcoulhouse"; minor typo.

Great link though! And bookmarked. Seems like they are people you might know.

Brad

Comments

• Ragu_4
    Ragu_4 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Recommendations?

Looking for a packaged system with sensors and digital readout for solar panel temp, outdoor air temp, lower storage tank temp and upper storage tank temp. Thanks.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • sam_13
    sam_13 Member Posts: 5
    Options

check out the vitosolic 200. I dont believe it measures outdoor temp, but it should take care of the rest of your needs.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    You might also consider...

... the WEL from Phil Malone at Our Cool House. It can do a lot more than just monitor those temps, and logs them to the web as well.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    He he he

Thanks for the typo reminder, Brad, this PC keyboard is not the bees knees... The typo has been fixed though...

Anyway, yes, I use the WEL, and I like it a lot. The graphing functionality could be better, but the systems offer a lot of oversight with a minimum of fuss, as long as you're OK with doing the artwork, positioning the data read-outs, etc. It can be finicky, but Phil is but a phone call away when these things arise.

What I also like about the system is that it is completely passive. I.e. you don't have to worry about some "friend" setting the AC to 65 and the heating system to 100 at the same time to see which of the two is more powerful.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Thermomax

www.thermomax.com

I like the SMT400 controller. Has a modem dataport!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.