Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

chimney vent with viessmann

Options
I would be interested in hearing anybody's experience with venting viessmann oil boilers. r u using chimney caps or velocity cones? what about drain tees for condensate? where do you find any charts for properly sizing chimneys?

Trip

Comments

• S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Viessmann venting

What model are you using? AFAIK, I have never seen a velocity cone recommended for use on a Viessmann oil boiler. Condensing gas, yes, but not oil.

The use of a trap would depend on the boiler, the present venting and operating temps. As low as nearly all of them are capable of running tempwise, we now use stainless venting all the way from the flue collar to the termination. We use drip tees on nearly all Vitola's but haven't on anything else.

For venting specs, best thing is to call Viessmann with your total developed length and get it right from the horses mouth.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Our Viessmann factory rep has told us to use velocity cones on all oil boilers. I have sold all three of the boilers and found the net stack temps to be extremely low (260F) with the baffles out on the vitorond's running 12%co2. All the chimney's installed have been sized by the factory and using SS pipe.

The problem for me in having viessmann sizing all the chimney's for our job's is timing. we do to many jobs to keep calling them.

Thanks for your reply!
This discussion has been closed.