Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Burner

Options
Reed
Reed Member Posts: 56
Ed NYC. You say to run one pipe out of top of tank to burner, ( which is not a problem). My question is still will the pump on the burner (Beckett AFG) be able to pull the oil approx. 60'? The length includes coming out of the tank, across the basement ceiling and down to the burner. Thanx.

Comments

• Reed
    Reed Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Oil burner is far from oil tank

Thank you for all the responses to this message. (had posted it about a week ago). Learned about a tiger loop. Had never heard of this before. I'm new to this site and am allways learning something. There's alot of knowledge here and I appreciate it.
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Options
    CRP&H

Yes it should be no problem pulling 60' overhead and down again once the oil is over the top and down the burner side syphon effect will cancel out the rise. Just use the Tigerloop chart to determine line size.
  • Nick L. in Vt
    Nick L. in Vt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    tigerloops

these babies are great and are recommended for all installs. you'll notice on the annual service how clean it's possible to run a oil system

They call me "Hot Pipe"
  • I agree with Bruce

You can try running the overhead line and connect it right to the burner without a Tigerloop and take a vacuum reading to see if it is in specs . If it's running a high vacuum , add the Tigerloop . We recently ran about 50 feet of overhead oil line to a Riello . After priming the burner ran fine , without the de-aerator .

I'm not against using Tigerloops , but I've seen them spew oil in the form of bubbles out the top . I use them only when necessary .
  • Nick L. in Vt
    Nick L. in Vt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    spew?

was that the old loop or the redesign?

They call me "Hot Pipe"
  • The old one

I think ? We use a different brand now with 2 floats . I forget the name but I think it's German with blue floats . Still , I've seen oil bubbles come out of this one also . On startup , but it happens .
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • That's it

The job where we had some bubbles come out had a pretty high lift and the oil line was empty . After priming we turned the boiler off to let the bubbles settle and it worked fine after .
This discussion has been closed.