Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

KNIGHT Literature

> Just wanted to let you guys know that you can <BR>
> download all operational manuals and spec sheets <BR>
> for the KNIGHT boiler at- <BR>
> http://www.lochinvar.com/product.asp?cat=B&cls=ALL <BR>
> &prod=KBN080&ln=KBN <BR>
> <BR>
> or by accessing the <BR>
> Lochinvar website at www.lochinvar.com <BR>
> <BR>
> Ike <BR>
<BR>

Comments

• Ike Gatlin
    Ike Gatlin Member Posts: 65
    KNIGHT Literature

Just wanted to let you guys know that you can download all operational manuals and spec sheets for the KNIGHT boiler at- http://www.lochinvar.com/product.asp?cat=B&cls=ALL&prod=KBN080&ln=KBN

or by accessing the Lochinvar website at www.lochinvar.com

Ike

• Nron_9
    Nron_9 Member Posts: 237

interesting it looks like the trinity or munchkin boiler to me with the changes to the box and control system , is this correct ?
  • Dave_12
    Dave_12 Member Posts: 77
    Great New Product

There is no comparison between the new Knight and the Munchkin. The Knight outer case is not pressurized, therefore the panels can be removed and will not affect the operation of the boiler. The Knight, with 5:1 turndown, starts at 80 MBH and progresses with seven sizes up to 500 MBH. There are many, many standard features with the Knight that are either not available or are added cost options with other brands. I believe Lochinvar, a class company and leader in copper fin boilers,has wisely waited with this new boiler until understanding the market needs, then filling this need with their new Knight boiler.
  • Andrew Hagen (ALH)
    Andrew Hagen (ALH) Member Posts: 165
    Is it

the same heat exchanger as the Munchkin and the Trinity? Is weather responsive control standard? For some reason I cannot seem to get the literature to download.

-Andrew
  • Ike Gatlin
    Ike Gatlin Member Posts: 65
    KNIGHT vs. others

The KNIGHT boiler is equiped with indoor/outdoor reset and sensor. The SMART SYSTEM control automatically changes its operational standards to the outdoor sensor by simply attaching the sensor.

When you review the literature you will find that there are very few options that are available. There are few options because all items that you are being charged for or have to receive special training for are standard.

The statement of "looks like a Munchkin or Trinity" because of the heatexchanger is like saying that all copper products arent any differant because the heatexchangers are all the same.

The heatexchanger in the Knight boiler is a stainless steel design, multi-tubed. Thats where the "likeness" stops. The KNIGHT heat exchanger uses differant tube diameters, construction methods and is ONLY availble in ASME. (see my other posts)

If you are having trouble downloading literature from the site, give me a call I will be happy to get you some assistance.

Ike

This discussion has been closed.