Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Staple-up zone controlled by TRV...

Rocky_2
Rocky_2 Member Posts: 89
12 Buderus panel rads on a "home-run" system with 1/2" MultiCor and with TRV's on constant circ to heat the house. Kitchen has no place to put a panel rad and do not want to use a toe kick heater. Also do not want to put in motorized zone valve or electric thermostats. Want it all to be self-regulating via TRV's. Thought about doing a little staple up under kitchen floor for floor warming. Does Danfoss or anybody make a slim sensor I can put in the plywood floor that reports back to a TRV installed on the two-loop manifold to regulate the kitchen floor warming? I thought about cutting a little groove in the plywood floor, inserting the sensor, and running the capillary back to the TRV on the manifold in the crawlspace. Could not find a slim type sensor on Danfoss' web site, only wall mount style. Don't want the kitchen staple up to run wild as I am afraid of overheating. Also, don't want to go to the expense of installing a mixing device and pumps etc to temper the staple up with outdoor reset. Boiler (Buderus 115-21) will be reset (resat?) with tekmar 260. Would really like to find a way it could all be done with TRV's and the one boiler pump with one water temp coming out of the reset boiler. What say ye? What are some non-electric alternatives? How do I sense the floor temp non-electrically? C'mon Wallies, I KNOW someone has done this before.
Warm regards from smokey Fairbanks (forest fires are rampant again this summer and smoke just hit town today...Yuck!)
Rocky

Comments

This discussion has been closed.