Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Options for Downsizing

Options
Gene_3
Gene_3 Member Posts: 289
one thing about this business, there are 100 ways to do the same job

if you want radiant in the kitchen with a steam boiler, I'd rec a small indirect water heater off the steam unit, or a oil fired water heater or a electric, or solar electric back up or..see what I mean?

I would not take out any rads because you have a wood stove, bad juju, leave'em you'll need'em

if your contractor is doing a heat loss it sounds like he knows what he's doing, that is thefirst step towards a quality job

however..I'd rec a small indirect water heater off the steam unit to supply the radiant loop, I don't beleieve in adding more equipment because it adds to yearly maintainence costs

Comments

• John P
    John P Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Kiitchen remodel

Any thoughts on how to best proceed with a major kitchen remodel? The orginal thought was to go infloor in the kitchen, eliminating 3-15 tube radiators from a two pipe steam system. The existing boiler is a Peerless, greater than 20 yrs old but works well. In addition there are 3 other similer radiators that we use less because of the addition of a wood burner in another large room. Do we downsize the entire system, add a seperate boiler for the radient or something inbetween? Any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated. So far one contractor has been in and is calculating a heat loss, still waiting to hear back from him.
This discussion has been closed.