Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

check out these curves! (pump)

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
Available around August 1. I hope they mean 2006 :)

A UPS 26-99 and a UPS 43-44 reaching out to 60 GPM !

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    bout' time

I was recently wondering why such a beast didn't exist.
  • Tom_35
    Tom_35 Member Posts: 265
    Options
    No 2nd place for Grundfos

Grundfos seems to not have a 2nd place mentality in their R&D department....which is great for the contractor and end user. Fewer and fewer pumps are going to have to be inventoried by wholesalers and contractors, which will transfer to better bottom lines for the pro's and better service for the end users. Everyone wins.

Thanks Grundfos!

Tom Atchley
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Finally

It wont be long before we have the pump selection we really need for this country. Just a couple more...

Thanks,
    -Andrew
  • Kevin Koenig_4
    Kevin Koenig_4 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    curves available now.

These curves look very familiar to me. The first one is almost identical to the B&G NRF-36 three speed wet rotor . The second pump on high speed is very close the the B&G PL-75. This is a dry rotor single speed circulator.. Bolth pumps are available now. The NRF-36 was introduced in March of 06 and has been rigoroously tested over the past two years. The NRF-45 was also introduced at the same time. These are very high quality circulators available at any B&G wholsale supply house. K.K.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    The PL's are also

one of the noisest pumps money can buy :) Nothing like an open frame, high rpm motor to keep the customer awake at night.

An excellent commercial duty circ, where noise free radiant comfort is not an issue, imo.

A great circ on a fire breathing, building shaking waste oil boiler.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kevin Koenig_4
    Kevin Koenig_4 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Noise

Yup. The dry rotor design is very noisy. The NRF WET ROTORs are as quiet as they come. The two designs are completely different and referancing the NRF's to the PL's is an unfare comparison. It should be noted that B&G put the NRF-36 and 45 through two years of extensive field testing before releasing them to the market. This was no easy task and shows there comitment to quality. K.K.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    But

They're not residential pumps in most applications.
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Good product

B&G makes a good product but I get the impression they take my business for granted.

Taco & Grundfoss offer better support in my area.

I do appreciate all of the manufacturers offering permanatly lubed pumps. Those couplings and bearing assemblies leaking get old quick on after hours calls.

Keith
This discussion has been closed.