Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A/C Training

Options
Passaic, NJ

Thanks in advance, Adam

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    A/C Training

Dear Professor Silberstein,

I'm a 40 year old, self employed, higher quality handyman. I can't really go work for someone else now because I make a certain amount of money now that I wouldn't get from another employer. Over this past winter I studied for and passed the Esco test for Universal Technician. I'm not sure why, I just felt it would help me better myself. My question is, how and where can I go next to train to install/service residential central A/C systems? Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Where Are You Located?

There are a number of high-quality institutions that will be able to serve your need and desire to learn more. Where are you located?
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Training

Are you looking for an air conditioning program to attend? I think that would definitely be a rough one, especially since you are the owner/operator of your own place.

I would go and seek out as many air conditioning related classes as possible, get as many certifications as possible and, more importantly, keep reading.

Since you have a significant amount of air conditioning experience under your belt, my PRESSURE ENTHALPY WITHOUT TEARS seminar will definitely help take you to the next level.

A bunch of the guys who hang out here have taken the class and, I hope, would be more than happy to give you their take on it. We'll be in Plainview, NY with that particular class in August.

Also, check with the local RSES chapter, etc as they are always offering classes on a wide range of topics.

Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.