Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

networking thermostats

I would try to run this scenario past the Honeywell people. I think you need something that can be accessed thru the P.C from any location. We did a job for a Blue Cross/Blue Shield building in the area and used Trane Tracer System. It was about 15 years ago, but We could connect with the building and see what the units were doing, When, and if any parameters were changed. The microprocessor based system is costly, but I think this is what you are looking for. Stats are replaced with sensors to monitor different areas. Shielded wire in this case was required due to system requirements. Along with area stats, this system also incorporated unit Discharge, return air readings and all the bell and whistles to actually diagnose the problem before a tech got there to service equipment.

Mike T.

Comments

• Wethead7
    Wethead7 Member Posts: 170
    networking thermostats

We have a customer with several buildings. Each with approximatily fourty thermostats. Basic four wire RWGY, some are eight or six wire R,W1,W2,G,Y1,Y2,O or B, and Com. We have been requested to centralize the programing of set backs.

The cuurent problem is somebody is changing the set points on several units. The service personel are busy for half a day just reprogramming and checking for correct set points. We have tried boxes and remote thremostats with some luck, but still the tampering continues.

We are not looking to call in a control company. We would like something of the shelf an could be accessed with a computer or PDA in the building. Internet access is not required, but might be a wise.

Thanks Mike
  • Rich W
    Rich W Member Posts: 175

Have you seen Totaline's new Slimline? It has an EZ programmer that lets you copy a stat then just plug into the others and program with the push of a button. I don't think you can network with it. Not bad for cost/bennefit.
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Mike

Hello.

What you may find interesting, is tekmars tN4 Product Line. Call me at the office if you would like to hear the options at 250-545-7749, Ext. 214.

Regards,

Mike
This discussion has been closed.