Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

nvent push to connect copper fittings...Cosmo

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
these fittings are great in place that could cause a fire! while burning them in...also they would be great on a freezup at 2 a . m . ...so far i have used one on a potable water line under pressure in a spraay foamed location on a swoopy 90 in a crawl space on the back end of a mechanical room.... the other application is swift boom bang lash up of pressure test and cap ,and header off the heating loop header during pour. *~/:) on pex a . Enjoy its like the wind with a quickness:)

Comments

• Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I saw this at the supply house the other day

Just wondered what you guys might think, these are the first "push to connect" fittings rated for use behind wall, or inaccesable areas I have seen. Once the fitting is installed it cannot be taken apart per the brochure. These are NOT the shark fittngs made by Cash-Acme with the "push to remove" ring.

I was wondering when the push fiitings were going to try to go afer the press-fit market.

I have not tried them yet, I can already see that the press fit fittings can resist twisting forces on the pipe better than these, but I will play with my sample to find out. Intrestingly, these are manufactured here in Allentown, PA where I live.

I have included a link so you guys can see it...
    www.nventsolutions.com

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    I'm the first to welcome innovation

but I hate to see the skill level drop. 9 out of 10 times it bites me in the butt.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Cosmo,

I saw this at ISH. There ARE ways to get it apart, believe it or not.

The system I saw makes a ring that goes over the joint (that should be hidden from the novice). It penetrates the ball and socket joint and allows us to pull it apart.Slide it up the pipe and pull it down for separating the joint.

I would guess this system has its place and will work as advertised...but would suggest that the removal rings be situated as far as possible away from the joints.(you know they are there....but the homeowner won't be tempted to try it!)

Maybe the supply house hasn't advertised that point yet and I'm giving out trade secrets? I doubt it. Chris
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I think I have seen that one

It is made by Cash-Acme, and yes it can be taken apart by using a push-ring. I have used those fitting on water filter systems for almost 10 years now, they were called John-Guest fittings.

I am refering to "nvent" fittings. This company is a joint venture between Nibco and Victaulic per the brochure I am reading.

Yes, I do not like the fact that any idiot can buy fittings and install pipe. But this unfortunately is the future, and I can't change it. I personally enjoy sweating copper, and am very hesitant to change- I still haven't purchased a press-fit tool yet but will soon. I am the old-fashioned type, even though I am a young guy. I just want to keep on top of technology, and avoid buying a $1300-2000 dollar press-fit tool if it will be obsolete in a couple years. I took to using Wirsbo pro-pex connections when they came out and have never regretted it.

sorry for the long post, lets keep the comments coming.

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
This discussion has been closed.