Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

News from the other side

Options
Ken_8
Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
Take a look at the "Click Here to FIND A PROFESSIONAL" on the top of this site and page!

Plug in your zip code. Guaranteed you'l find a wizard of steam heat closer than you ever imagined.

Hell, I'm only an hour from the Delaware River. How far's Hanover from there? I may come out and take a look myself!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=68&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• thfurnitureguy_4
    thfurnitureguy_4 Member Posts: 398
    Options
    News form the otherside

I just had another heating contractor back in to bid on my heating system repair job. It was the group that had done the boiler service and relocation of my returns. This, unfortunately caused the system to stop working properly, the year before we purchaced the building. They were also the group that did the pre-purchace inspection. I was not surprised to learn that he was totally unaware that there was a problem with the location of the new return. He did understand the problem after I explained it. His reasoning for not wanting to do the job over was. He tells his people not to re-invent the wheel. I guess if it worked Half assed before it will work half assed again. Unfortunately when he relocated the return, He put a dent in the "wheel". It is no wonder that the industry is loosing customers. The story I keep hearing from these guys, is that steam is a strange beast and it never works very well. Still looking for a contractor in Hanover PA. 410-984-3263 Tom.
  • Michal
    Michal Member Posts: 213
    Options
    The reality

Steam is not strange and works very well if you understand it and it is piped correctly. There are alot of guys out there that do not understand it and understand the right and wrong ways of doing it. You unfortunately got a poorly skilled contractor with respect to steam. search here for find a professional near you, might have some luck with that. but you really didnt post what your problem is on here.
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250
    Options
    What I would do

If you can't find someone with the knowledge then you'll have to get it yourself. Read the books and ask questions here. When you know what the fix is, get bids to do what you specify. Then choose who you think is the best. I've done jobs for people who knew more than me. I learned something and they get completed system.

David
This discussion has been closed.