Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nice!!!

J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
The President of iran sends a comunique to our secretary of state, while the oil prices SEEM to be simmering, and things get a bit less standoffish...and she punches him in the trunks !

Any bets on where the prices settle tomorrow? Buy Exxon/Mobile. ( could there be some underlying sinister plot in the works here?) Conspiracy therorists unite.

Why can't we all just get along? Chris

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060509/D8HFUNNO1.html

Comments

• Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531

Should have thrown a kick in as well!!!!!!!! Beware those bringing false promise.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White_68
    Brad White_68 Member Posts: 13
    Amen.

Iran has not exactly distinguished itself as a keeper of promises and has been known to use false promises to buy time, ignore their treaty obligations and generally not play fair in the sandbox. Besides, when conventional reactor technology is available for peaceful purposes in an oil-rich nation and they choose breeder reactor technology (which makes plutonium for, mmmmm... I wonder what?), one cannot take such a letter seriously. One piece of paper hardly trumps over 25 years of naughty behavior.

The oil prices will do what they will do regardless. When Teheran gets a workable thermonuclear device, the situation will be a lot more unstable as an understatement.

JMHO.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Unless they sit down....

And have a chat Face to Face...There will only be surmizing and doubt.

There has to be a Face to Face meeting and discussion between the powers to get to the crux of the biscut. Listening to the media and go betweens leads to a crappy ending. It's been seen and done for Millenia.

Conjecture and condemnation without talking have proved to be pretty much a failure, so far. Why not give it a try?

If the circumstances are not what they appear to be, then flex and show....but until then, diplomacy makes far less dead than conjecture.
  • Brad White_68
    Brad White_68 Member Posts: 13
    Oh, I agree with face to face, absolutely

but when you start talking to a proven liar who first stated his intention to wipe a certain Levantine country off the map, cheers the flying of jet liners into our buildings and believes the Holocaust is a fable, what would one really and rationally have to talk about?

Eh, wrong forum. I'm done... :)
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    You can't

Appease these people. Any negotiating is a sign of weakness to them.

They can keep their oil, I'll pay more if I need to. Their percentage of overall production is small enough not to pander to them.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Right forum, Brad.

You didn't start this thread but you gave an excellent response.

It may heat up a few people.

Jack
  • Darin Cook_2
    Darin Cook_2 Member Posts: 205
    Chris

I suppose it might be a little easier to believe the Iranian government if the Quran did not say it is OKAY to LIE to the INFIDELS to accomplish the will of Allah. Which the goal is to make the Entire World Muslim. Just start researching on the internet. Find a word for word translation of the Quran. It will dissolve the illusion of the "religion of peace". Hopefully our children will not become Dhimmi's in the future.

The Iranian's are trying to use another powerful weapon. Money! They are tring to get the oil market to use the Euro instead of the dollar. Our economy would take a huge hit if this becomes the norm in international trading. Nothing hurts a country worse than having your purse strings get shut off. Just ask the Soviet Union.

Just start doing research on all these topics and more concerning the Middle East. Your question will be answered.

Darin
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Old Joke

Well not that old but I wanted to inject a little savage levity into this:

Osama bin Laden had a dream which he told President Bush about: New York City laid in smoking ruins and through the smoke was written in Arabic in the sky: "Allah is Great!". What did Bush think of that?

Bush replied that he too had a dream. "Kabul, Afghanistan was a shining golden city, full of peace and prosperity. People were free, happy and productive, living in harmony and cooperation to their fullest potential. The people wanted nothing for all was provided by the fruits of their own labors. And across the blue sky there too was a written message."

Osama asked, "What did the message say?"

Bush replied, "I dunno. I don't read Hebrew".

:)
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329

This reminds me of a round table from many years ago....
This discussion has been closed.