Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Where to get this bronze elbow?\"

cwilliams2000 Member Posts: 140
The water pressure in my house I just oved into, 10 yrs old is 120psi! As soon as a facuet starts it creeps down and within about 15 second it goes to 60 psi, there is a conbraco pressure regulator there which doesnt seem to be responding to anything. I tried to replace it and thought I was golden when I bought the cheaper watts model which is exactly the same size and even threaded correctly. My problem is... The service pipe is 3.4" and it comes right into a heavy bronze elbow which points upward and right into the conbraco with a brass nut and rubber washer under. Then the other end is a female 3/4" threaded which goes into the pipe. The problem is that the watts regulator used an o-ring for sealing and has routed edge if you know what I mean, and the elbow there has a flat edge and a flat washer type. When I tried to assemble it anyway the threads match but it wont thread down enough to seal properly and it probably wouldt be a good idea anyway.

This probably makes no sense, and I am sorry for wasting bandwidth, but I wanted to know if I was missing a huge obvious issue. The item I would need would basically be a brass or broze elbow (but longer than normal its a gentle curve and extends about 2 inches on one end) and have the watts compatible oring sealer on the other. Or do I have to just put another adapter in and solder what I need from there. Thank you


This discussion has been closed.