Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Space Pak advice

Options
Ted_5
Ted_5 Member Posts: 272
have you looked into this system? They use a R8.2 foam foil main plenum supplied by them. New this year is the use of 3" flex option instead of 2". Huge money saver! Check it out for your self.

Ted

HeatLink rep.

Comments

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    ???

I'm familiar with Unico where ya buy the blower, coil, supply & return plenums separately. Gonna check into Space Pak to see how they are priced. Looks like all I have to do is get a ESP2430D and it is ready to go for cooling plus hooking to existing rigid round and return flex. Right? Thanks
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options

Try getting that Spacepak unit into an attic on an existing home. The design for Unico is so that all components will fit through the return air grille. In the Northeast the support for Unico cannot be beat. The rep firm we deal with is Rich Trethewey's. His company RST reps is very supportive.
  • Dof3
    Dof3 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Spacepak is to..

The unit will fit right through the return air opening, I just put one in on Friday. We used the new GR8 plastic duct work. It was great to work with.
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Remember

When using the GR8 red plemum use at least 8 takeoffs per ton . Don't go by the old rules. Also ues the 18" rule.... any take off 18" from a el , tee or another takeoff . You can go 9" from another take off if 180* from one another.
  • Dof3
    Dof3 Member Posts: 120
    Options

I did not see anything like that in the info provided with the installation manual. 8 takeoffs per ton, that is alot of takeoffs. I just installed a 2.5 ton with 15 as per the manual. What will happen to the system?
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    skinny

Something like 16" tall, will go up the stairs better than I do
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Ed

Have you tried to even get any GR8 lately? Your supplier must be stocked up good, it's no longer available.

Jed

p.s. Ed, the Supply Tubing is R4.2, always was and still is.
    p.p.s. Ed, you just have to keep the SP in line. Get your meter out.
  • Big Ed
    Options
    Take offs

Yes I know , and ask me how I know.... I went by the manual which is for the old fiber board tube. The air moves faster in the new red plenum...... They want more take offs to reduce air noise. And if you put them closer then 18" from each other you could create a whisle. They could have told me before I put one in.....

The Mansfield factory burnt down and they desided not to retool . Spack Pak came up with this new plastic stuff. Nice to work with and easyer using the new buckle system.

The plenum is rated R8 and they make R8 sound attenuating tubing which is alot thicker. I asked what about the supply tubing, is it R8 ?I did not get a reply....
  • Big Ed
    Options
    Space Pak

No not many, just one unit over the winter and had to wait for the order to be filled. What happen to GR8 ?

Jed , in your p.s. could you explain further?
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Sorry, Ed

I missed the option in the price list which shows
    AC-ST8-50 Supply Tubing in 50' lengths. I just went through a project design & layout process for a fairly large system using GR8, only to regroup when the GR8 became unavailable. No need for R8 Supply tubing, so didn't notice it.

Jed
This discussion has been closed.