Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Good job Rich Trethewy

Options
Ragu_3
Ragu_3 Member Posts: 3
I like your style.

Comments

• Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Nice baseboard cover change

Watching "Ask this old house" last pm Rich changed out a beat up hall baseboard cover. Not a bad job with that homeowner as a helper. And of course the fins were covered with dog hair, Rich explained how the air flow worked and how the air damper worked. I get calls every year where the lack of air flow is causing the baseboard heating problem. And, since appearance in the entry way is a big deal for some customers I'll bet alot of heating guys get calls soon to replace the crummy sheet metal covers. I wonder the dollar value increase Rich has made the the wet side of the HVAC business.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Rich is...

the PRIMARY reason for the most recent resurgence and interest in radiant floor heating..

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    Rich T

. While everyone is entitled to thier opinion of someoene. I think people should be much slower to be critical and consider that his infulence through the T.V show has made a HUGE difference in the industry. While I've worked hard to get where I am , I also know that without Rich sparking the interest of people i'd have very few customers that would be even remotely interested in the products i sell. I think it is impossable to put a dollar figure on it but you are talking about 10s of millions of dollars YEARLY.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

• The only thing I can't figure out is, wasn't Bob Vila fired for doing advertisements? Yet Rich is a rep for several companies. I'm not insinuating anything, but if Bob Vila was fired for ads, why is Rich's position ok as far as TOH is concerned?

Odd.

• Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    raising the bar

Rich has done more to improve the perception of Plumbers than anyone else in the industry and helped us regain a measure of respect.

• Ragu
    Ragu Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks To Him...

We are starting to be appreciated as the knowledgeable and skilled tradespeople that we are; most of us are no longer just thought of as the guy who unclogs the toilet or the guy who gets the furnace running when it's down.

I think the biggest thing that he has taught us is to respect ourselves and our trades more deeply than in the past, and how to more fairly compensate ourselves for our skills.

As Mark said, he has made radiant a common reality for us. He also was the first to show tried and true European heating technology to this country. He was a (if not THE) prime motivator for bringing Viessmann to this country.

He can be reached at: richard@rstreps.com
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Rich told me once that Bob was very difficult to work with (to put it nicely). That was probably the real reason he was canned.

Dave in Denver

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ragu
    Ragu Member Posts: 138
    Options
    This Old House

I think I could work well with Norm.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    I told a prospective

customer that I had met and talked to Rich once after a seminar he gave through Wirsbo years ago. The customer was a BIG fan of This Old House, and signed the proposal right away as if just by association I was an expert on radiant floors. The power of TV. RT told us it was his Father who was supposed to be on the show, but at the first taping he got the "Deer in the Headlights" look in front of the camera. Rich stepped in and a star was born. WW

• Geo_5
    Geo_5 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    bob

Let's face it, Bob wanted out and all the power to him, probly made more the first year pushing the craftsman line than he did the 15 on PBS.Never saw Rich on TV pushing anything, just a spoksman for a high-end heating products.
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options

I have a Wirsbo video tape of a TOH episode with Rich explaining and installing aquapex. Pex is much more popular now and homeownwers are aware of its use for potable water. You have to wonder how much influence that episode had,and homeowners asking for the stuff in their homes and if that demand has help make pex ok for use in mass. codes.
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Rich T

Rich has done a spectaclar job of bringing radiant and many other new products to the homeowners eyes.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at the very first radiant seminar I ever took,some 13-14 years ago!

Watched him last night demonstarting different copper attachment techinques from soldering to pro-press.

Keep up the great work,Rich
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    Funny,

I met Thretheway at Viessmann in Germany. I didn't know him - but he knew me. He said, "Your the guy who writes about the Mighty Passaic River on the Wall right"?

Talk about ego stroking...

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Ken

Rich likes to check in on the wall from time to time.

Besides, who dosn't know of the exploits of the world traveling master of the mighty Passaic. River of shopping carts and unused pieces of pex. River of more chemicals than a can of PVC cleaner. :)

Matter of fact, bring a bottle to Wetstock. We'll do some huffing...

Scott

• Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Just an idea???

As we all are aware, TOH has transformed the consumer into a proactive participant in the construction/remodeling industry. Rich Trethewy has done wonders for our segment of the trades, and will no doubt continue to do more of the same via his continuing exposure on TOH. I for one would like to shake his hand and say "Thank You" face to face. Might it be possible to convince him to attend one of the Wetstock gatherings? Think for a moment lads, what an additional boost in credibility you might have if a few pictures of Rich were interspersed in your presentation folders!
  • Steve Garson
    Steve Garson Member Posts: 191
    Options

Great idea if a future Wetstock were in the Boston area.
This discussion has been closed.