Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil fired boilers

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Modulating, NO...Not yet in the boiler market.

There is a modulating oil fired furnace available, 2 fire sizes,(NOT truly modulating) but a modulating oil boiler is not yet available to the U.S. market...As far as I know.(I believe the 2 firing rates will be the jest of the Peerless offering)

There are modulating oil burners on the Euro market, but they are still being tested here so far.(Check out, Herrmann) I have seen a Japanese unit, and one from Germany that really modulate, but not at the firing rates that the states are using, and with the fuel being used here...and recently given an extension from our illustrious leader, they aren't useful at their firing rates. Very low, to be sure.

I wish that we could see these in the near future. Until the fuel is right for them, we will be left lagging. There is promise, but I don't think we'll be seeing it too soon. Chris

Comments

• Bob_36
    Bob_36 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    oil fired boilers

Hi, I'd like to know if there are oil fired modulating/condensing boilers? If so, which ones do you recomend? My son wants to replace his existing cast iron boiler. His heatloss should fall somewhere between fifty and seventyfive k. He also has copper fin baseboard. Last of all, which indirect water heater (50 or 60 gal.) do you suggest? Any help will be appreciated.
  • Nick L. in Vt
    Nick L. in Vt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    peerless

Peerless is set to show one next week in Barre Vt. is Beckett AFG Eqiupped. Just some info I picked up from rep today. have not seen it or real specs. will be low firing rates, .50 to .75 i beleive. weil mclain has one too. don't have info yet.

They call me "Hot Pipe"
  • Bob_36
    Options

Of the condensing oil boilers on the market, which ones do you like and why? Also which indirect water heaters would you pick?
  • Bob_36
    Options

Of the condensing oil fired boilers on the market, which ones do you like and why? Also which indirect water heaters would you pick?
  • TomStayer
    TomStayer Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Oil Condensing

You know I have to chime in here. See FCX on www.mzboiler.com and contact me for more info.
    800-524-1102 ext 10 and ask for Tom
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Tom,

You beat me to the punch ! The Monitor is the Condensing oil boiler I would consider, hands down right now. They've had a while to see what is happening with the available fuel, and make it work. I wonder how much nicer it would run with LSD or <50ppm gasoil?

As to the indirect, I will give HTP and their SSU units the nod, unless you've got the jing for a Viessman indirect. The lifetime warranty on the Super Stor leads me that way most of the time. Chris
This discussion has been closed.