Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New vacuum steam

Options
Dale
Dale Member Posts: 1,317
Good vacuum steam story in the HVAC news Apr. 17 pg 74. Great pictures of the HT pump and Vac pump piping. Shows the addition of a vacuum pump and boiler feed system to 2 church school buildings. Turned a 6 and 8 pound system to vacuum. Done by Burke Mechanical on Long Island. Reported to have saved them 1200 gal of oil a month. If anyone here knows more of the specifics I would certainly like more details.

Comments

• Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    Good find

I want to see more of this. Who says vaccum sucks? Steam heat travels fast, vacuumized steam, wheww, it goes even faster. Who wants to wait for fuel savings?
  • Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Vaccum helps,

Yes, I read and saved the same article. I have a similar, though not as large, application. I'm planning a pitch to them to see if there is any way we can improve on a system that I converted from a locomotive style low pressure boiler running on coal to a couple of Burnham V series on oil in '87. I believe it may just be what they need or they may want the coal back! If you can turn me on to a site that has info that will help I would appreciate it. Best Regards.
This discussion has been closed.