Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Long time, no post [Bill N]

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
on the air waves.

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    Options
    Virus

I caught a virus [computer] and crashed, lost everything and I didn't back up.

Was down for about 4 weeks. I had saved a great deal of info, from here and other sites. Oh well, do your self a favor and save your work.

My brother has a 1795 farm house. He was heating with wood and oil forced warm air. The house is about 5,000 sq ft. The water heater started leaking, 4th one since 1978, se we replaced it with "recycled" parts.

I got a used Burnham V-34, and a used system 2000 storage tank. Radiators from my collection. Only about $900 invested for new parts out of pocket. The cost of another new oil water heater.

We've got dual coils and a super insulated storage tank. The boiler only maintains 125° and fires on demand from the storage tank.

The brand new out of the box 8124 is NG. TT does not pull in the relay, bummer dude, I'll have to go back Monday to change it.

This was todays rainy day project
  • Bill Nye_2
    Options
    More

pics
  • Bill Nye_2
    Options
    Loose wire

The wire hanging w/o clips? I know, we simply didn't have any more clips. I'll take care of it when I change the control.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Ahhhh, the V-34

whose ancestor was the American-Standard A-34. Pretty decent boiler with a modern burner in it, which I see you have. Did you strain your back moving it into place ;-)

Looks like a nice job, let us know how much oil it saves him.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.