Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating System

Options
Adjustment of Flue Damper seems to solve the problem...will have to watch for awhile

thanks to all for input
Al

Comments

• Al Nardizzi
    Al Nardizzi Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thermostat Calls for Heat,Circulators Running,No Heat...Hydronic

Newly installed gas fired Weil-McLain boilers with two zones. On two occassions,thermostsats have been demanding heat ,circulators are running but gas fired boiler does not ignite.

Each time,I have flipped power switch on and off and that's what gets the system to operate properly?

Is it possible that relays are sticking...any thoughts?
  • JK_4
    JK_4 Member Posts: 35
    Options

There are many possible causes for this. Much more information would be needed to diagnose the problem. Is the system electronic ignition? What is happening upon the call for heat? It would need to be checked when the problem happens to see what point in the prosess the problem occurs. Mabye with more information we could direct you what to check.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    No Heat

Sounds like a possible lock out problem. You should call your installing contractor to take a look at the problem. If the boiler is relatively new, you may get parts under warranty.

Mike T.
  • Al Nardizzi
    Options

no,gas fired system has a pilot. All systems seem to be operating,circulators are running but the gas units do not light. The two zone system has a Taco SR502 control,when I flip the power switch to the Taco controls on and off,that's what fires the gas boile and all is well after that
  • Al Nardizzi
    Options

I have put in the call
  • which model number boiler?

If the bolier have draft/breeching, I have encountered the plms with damper control, motor won't stop at 100% open and make the switch to burner... Shud be under warrenty...
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    I took a look

The Taco SR502 control may have a voltage problem, depending on how it's wired. You could actually jump out the t-stats with care ( not recommended) to see if it's a particular stat or a problem with one on the switching relay's. Let us know what was the problem. Good luck.

Mike T.
  • Al Nardizzi
    Options

CPa-5-SPD....
This discussion has been closed.