Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiator height

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Lower the river.

I've seen quite a few remodels with radiators sitting in holes that get/keep them where they belong, and decoratively treated so that anyone (other than you) wouldn't notice. Just a thought.

Trial and error could cause a whole lotta grief, so have a Plan "B", just in case you try it. Chris

Comments

• Glen_5
    Glen_5 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Radiator height adjustment

I had a bathroom remodeled and the new floor is higher than the old one due to tile, etc. My plumber reconnected the radiator (one pipe steam) but since the height no longer matched, I have about 24 inches of nipples, elbows, etc. configured to make it fit. It is an eyesore to look at and before I buy a cover for the whole thing I was wondering if it is possible to cut or grind the feet of the radiator down about 1/2" or so to eliminate this mess. it is a small radiator and wouldn't be hard to move into my workshop to do. As always, thanks for any responses.
  • Kniggit
    Kniggit Member Posts: 123
    Options

depending on the pipe size a thread extender may be added into the inlet side of the radiator valve, I would asume the Steam pipe comes out of the floor? if you can measure the pipe size a theread extender (one half male thread & one half female thread) can be purchased, and then rase the radiator to match on rosets, or other trim pieces without perminant damage to the floor.
This discussion has been closed.