Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Zone Valve

Options
JohnL
JohnL Member Posts: 38
close the system produces a load Bang. Seems like the zone valve close to fast. Can they be adjusted

Comments

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Options

It might be that. The only thing you can do is try removing one of the two springs. I did that and it worked for me.
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options

If removing the spring doesn't work you will need to change the valve to a slower closing one {taco}.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    First thing...

Check to see that the water is flowing in the direction of the arrow cast into the body, and that the valve isn't connected to a long, poorly supported piping run. Secondly, your pump may be oversized, and trying to push too much water thru the valve. Third, you can remove one of the springs for a "quick & dirty field fix", or convert the valve to the new 5000 zone valve series that closes slowly. For a 3/4, part number would be V8043E5012.
  • grindog
    grindog Member Posts: 121
    Options
    zone valves

if the zone valves are on the feed along side the pump your pump might be oversized. you could try to put the valves on the return or add a differential preasure bypass.
  • John LeNy
    John LeNy Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Actually,

The zone valve has veen working fine for more than 2 years. The problem just started happening one or two weeks now.
  • JohnL
    JohnL Member Posts: 38
    Options
    There is

one spring. Should I remove this spring? I posted pics of the zone valves.

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Options

Well, if you are sure there is only one spring then probably somebody removed one allready...
This discussion has been closed.