Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Safety Glasses

Terry H.
Terry H. Member Posts: 73
3M makes a great product, check out: http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/safety/occ_health_safety/node_GST29W6QVWgs/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_5SDD44F7DZge/bgel_GSTBF8Q0ZXbl/gvel_4PV4LH4X9Kgl/theme_us_ohes_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Almost had an accident

with a sawzall today. The reason was foggy safety glasses. I was cutting register openings in a ceiling, so I was wearing both a dust mask and safety glasses. However...if you wear a dust mask when you breath out it blows my breath up into the glasses, fogging them up. Does anyone have a better way to protect yourself?? WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Saftey glasses

Been in that situation, go with a pair of tight fitting swim goggle like saftey glasses ANSI certified of course. Or you could hold your breath.

Gordy
  • Joe Annon_2
    Joe Annon_2 Member Posts: 11
    Dust

Use a dust mask with a valve in them. I wear glasses all the time and regular dust masks cause fogging. They cost a little more than the plain ones.
    Joe
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845

That's what the help is for...

but seriously, I too like the masks that have a foam rubber contour attachment that makes a better seal, and also has an exhaust valve. I think they are a few bucks a pop, compared to a buck each or so for the cheapie ones.

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • Brad White_50
    Brad White_50 Member Posts: 6
    Wayne

Doesn't the dust mask have a valve on the bottom? Or as I assume you were using the pinch-nose dental office/doctor type? I use a rubber OSHA type with side filters and a bottom flap exhaust valve. Still cumbersome.

Best part is when you talk when wearing it:

"Luke..... I...am.....your Father!"

:)

Steady there, buddy.
  • Brad White_50
    Brad White_50 Member Posts: 6
    Ya know, Scott

dyslexia is a terrible thing :)

Have not touched any drug since high school curiosity days, so either the effects are long lasting or I am just naturally goofy!

Yup, that's it. Light of heart and will live long for it.

Thanks for keeping me straight and flying right, pal!
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Dust masks

They are for the most part useless. The air gaps draw and exhaust more and more air as the mask begins to plug, as seen in your situation. I use a single cartridge respirator which I might add always draws in thru the filter and exhausts out the bottom check valve. They have become more inexpensive.

Mike T. PS they are lighter to.
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    surplus

Gas mask Great for tearing down plaster lath walls & stinkey dipers
  • Dave DeFord_4
    Dave DeFord_4 Member Posts: 26
    Gotta agree

with the respirator idea - the white masks are useless. The last I remember I think the a Norton respirator cost about $30 plus another few bucks for the cartriges. Another thing you might try is rain-x (for car windshields) on your glasses. Never tried it but I've heard it works. The tight-fitting goggles will also fog if you are sweating, at least mine do but they don't have ventilation holes.
  • Terry H.
    Terry H. Member Posts: 73

3M makes a really nice full face respirator, you can put any filters on that you want. The respirator has the exhaust valve and a seperate mouth/nose piece to keep from fogging.

Here's a link http://www.allergybegone.com/allergybegone/3mfulfac68ga.html but you should be able to find them locally.

Hope this helps

Terry H.
  • Ray Landry_2
    Ray Landry_2 Member Posts: 114

I've never tried this one, but now that I think of it it's crazy enough to work! WHen I ride my dirtbike I buy 'no fog cloth' made by Scott goggles it eliminates fog on goggles, which are made of lexan. I think that the average pair of saftey glasses of the same material. might be worth a shot. available at any local dirtbike shop
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Home Depot

Enough said. 29.99 filters a-little extra, but it's worth it.
This discussion has been closed.