Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

end switch

Options
Ron Schroeder
Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998

Comments

• dave_92
    dave_92 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    zone controll

could some body please explain what A end switch on a zone conroll is does thanks.
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Most usually

used to pull in TT on the boiler control
  • dave_92
    Options
    zone conroll

tt?
  • Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    Options
    End switch

On a call for heat [a signal from the thermostat] the zone control, or zone valve "makes", this allows the zone valve to open or the circulator to start. When zone valve or other actuator "strokes open" the end switch "makes" and sends a signal to the burner TT terminals to start the burner.

An end switch is usually a " dry contact switch" meaning no voltage from the control is applied. It is just a switch and you can control 24 volt or 120 volt or a DC volt circuit.

So an end switch makes when something else happens first, like the zone valve opens or a relay closes.

Make any sense or did I confuse you even more. I can take another run at it if need be.
    kipbrau
  • dave_92
    Options

I think I got it its bascilly the last contact to open or close depending on the application I went to a class today on zone wiring too shy to ask when I didnt quite under stand. I have another question I will throw out there hopefully I will get a answer I understand... thanks.
This discussion has been closed.