Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham V13A oil boiler

Actually, there is no chamber in a V13 boiler. There are three seperate components that line the inside of the chamber. They are the rear target wall insulation, chamber blanket and burner mounting plate insulation. I will post the Burnham part numbers for these late this afternoon when I return.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.

Comments

• Brian_41
    Brian_41 Member Posts: 8

Looking for a service manual for a Burnham V13A oil fired boiler or info on replacing the chamber. Brian
  • Nice boiler

chamber is a Lynn #1064. Which burner does it have?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Part Numbers

Here are the parts you need to replace V13 chamber components.

# 8202701 - V1 Target Wall

# 82022033 - V13 Chamber Blanket

# 8202210 - V1 Burner Mounting Plate Insulation

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Also

The 1064 Lynn Chamber is actually a chamber kit and should consist of these three components also, although I'm not so sure of the Burner Mounting Plate Insulation being included in that kit.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • It is, Glenn

I put one in my V-14 and it included all three pieces. Didn't know you could still get them from Burnham.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brian_41
    Brian_41 Member Posts: 8

Thanks for the info. I've got the part numbers. Wondering how to access the base of the boiler. It does have a door like the other boilers I've worked on. Service manual would be great. Just wont to know what I'm up against before I do the repair. Brian
  • DGI
    DGI Member Posts: 1
    DG

1.  Can I use the C3 I&O manual for my V13AT boiler?

I see the C3 specs of  

Firing rate (0.75 GPH)

DOE htg cap (89 MBH)

and Water (77 MBH)

are the same as on my V13AT boiler and the picture seem very similar too except for the burner mounting plate.

2. What are the differences between the two boilers?

3. The C3 manual recommands 1.25" piping for supply and return.

Is it OK toI increase it to 1.5" to reduce the head loss? (I want to use Taco 007)

Thanks
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    pretty much the same boiler

I would stick w/ the 1.25" header. The 1.5" would be overkill. How many zones? how lond is each zone? What is the Application? That would determine your circulator size.....kpc
This discussion has been closed.