Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How old is this Homart Furnace??

can you tell me which one of these is the oldest boiler,
one is a thatcher,one is a national radiator and the other is a richardson.

Comments

• Michael Keating
    Michael Keating Member Posts: 11
    Old Homart Furnace, How Old??

I Just replaced and OLD Homart Hot Air furnace. Gravity, octopus type. The metal plate on the unit reads 292-1020. I am guessing that this is a Model 292 manufactured in Oct of 1920. i have looked for info but cannot pin point it. Any suggestions on if this is a 1920 or where I can find info?? The intresting thing about this unit is that the heat exchanger was a one piece steel type and not the stacked cast iron type. Any Comments?
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638

Dornback Furnace and Foundry began in 1907 as a one-man hardware store and plumbing service called Dornback Hardware and Plumbing Company. As business grew Dornback expanded its line of services to include boiler installations. By 1923, Dornback was also selling and installing home heating equipment. Most home furnaces at this time were coal fired; in 1937, Dornback opened a foundry to make repair parts for all types of coal furnaces. The company built its first furnace in 1939, and by the late forties, it supplied furnaces under the trade name "Homart" to the Sears Roebuck Company. Adams Manufacturing purchased Dornback in 1992 and continues to market the Dornback brand.
  • Try The Sheet Metal Shop

www.thesheetmetalshop.com. Bud Goodman, the webmaster over there, is as much of a historian as we are. I'll bet he has something on them.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tom R.
    Tom R. Member Posts: 139

Homart was Sears brand of heating equipmet. Sounds like the number is a model or catalog number and has nothing to do with anything logical. Have seen Homart heating units start with No.22X- hot air, steam and hot water.
  • Bill McGinley
    Bill McGinley Member Posts: 2
    Looking for whitch one of these is the oldest

Can you please look at these pic to let us know which one of these is the oldest boiler

1 National radiator
    2 Thacher
    3 Richardson
    4 Peerles
This discussion has been closed.