Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gorton Vents

should each have one Gorton #2. The dry return would need one #2 also. So you want to buy a total of three.

"Steamhead"

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Terry_10
    Terry_10 Member Posts: 20
    Number of vents needed

Please advise on the number of vents needed for an old vapor system. I have a total of 118' of 2" ID supply, I want to order the Gorton #2's and not sure if 1 is ample or should 2 or greater be installed. Then what about the return side which is 1" ID? Currently this is the most active of the 2 original (Moaut) vents. Thanks for all of your help!
  • Is the 118 feet

all in one main, or is it split between two or more mains? If the latter, how long is each main?

For the returns- how many radiators does your Mouat have?

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Terry_12
    Terry_12 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Steamhead

Two mains, one being 57' with 5 radiators and the other 61' with 8 radiators. Total radiator square footage is 606.
    I also am concerned with the height needed for the #2 Gorton vents. I have 12" above the supply line and 16" above the return line. Is this enough height, or should I consider the #1 Gorton vents instead. Thanks again!
  • Bob W._3
    Bob W._3 Member Posts: 561

61' of 2" = 1.33 cu. ft.; you would need 2-3 No. 1's or 1 No. 2.
  • With 12 inches above the vent tappings

you have plenty of room for one Gorton #2 on each main. That's what I'd use. Bob did the math.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Terry_10
    Terry_10 Member Posts: 20

Steamhead, Just to clarify you are saying two #2's at the end of the supply line. Then what about the return, two #2's there also? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.