Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system 2000

Options
R Stone
R Stone Member Posts: 12
Has anyone had or heard tell of poor electrode settings causing the System 2000 digital manager to act up. The unit I was working on was a Frontier EK-1 with a Carlin elite. I troubleshot everything and that was what cured the problem. Wondering if electrode going to ground caused the problem. Thanx for any input. Stoney

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    doing what?

Just curious but what was the manager doing?
  • ScottI
    ScottI Member Posts: 4
    Options
    System2000

I've been installing these for around 2 years now,and each year seem to bring a new problem.First,it was the Carlin primary control.It got to the point that on an install, you would just replace it.Then once we had a fluke transformer problem. If you put you're multi-tester anywhere near it, the numbers would dance on the tester display.Last week I put one in,and the temperature sensor was bad.All of these things will cause the Manager to act weird,and will make you question your sanity.I still believe in these boilers,however. So much that I installed one in my own house.
  • Jim Hankinson
    Jim Hankinson Member Posts: 99
    Options
    System 2000

The situation you refer to is usually caused by a failure of one of the ignitor terminals to make contact with the electrode buss bar. This will cause arcing in the wrong place and the interference will glitch the manager. It could also happen if one of the electrodes arcs to the retention head but not usually because that area is more shielded from the manager. The sensor problem referred to by Scott has been resolved.

And yes, I have one of these in my home also. Wouldn't have anything else. It's power vented and have had no problems in 8 years.
This discussion has been closed.