Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Hot Hot !!!!!

Options
Shaun Anderson
Shaun Anderson Member Posts: 164
And I'll be there. Long trip since your in B.C.

Comments

• Shaun Anderson
    Options
    Wheres the clouds when

you need them. Record highs here in Colorado Springs and Pueblo. High 90's and high 100's. Too hot to be on a rooftop. Too hot to be working peroid. Find some shade, a cold one and call it a day. Busch Series running this weekend in Fountain,Co. Have fun and a safe weekend

TheFuture
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Options
    Attic

I spent about 2.5 hours (total) in attics today. The last was simply a broken wire. If it had been any more complicated, i couldn't have fixed it....

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    The big difference....

From a while ago till yesterday!

After this winter, you won't hear me complaining too much about the weather! The day of the blizzard was about 10°F, wind chills approaching -20°.

The vent pic was about 90° with the humidity lowering to about 60%, unlike the previous day where the humidity was around 74% and I was installing TRV's on the 2nd floor radiators. 1 qt. of sweat for each I think. Chris
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    Temp's were at 95*

when the rain rolled in temp's plummeted to 73* that was nice, been dreaming of heating season. Can't come soon enough. The Blizzard pic's cooled me down,I can't WAIT!!!
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    strange vent

what type vent penetration is that 4x2 ??
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Bob,

As the thunder boomers wreak havoc outside my window....with cooling temps. to follow,( AHHHHH) that is a concentric vent.THE direct vent application for our area!

The air intake is on the 4"pipe behind the cone, and the exhaust goes through the 2" "end of the cone".

Usual type vent/intake for the most part around here, with condensing boilers. Chris
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Bob,

As the thunder boomers wreak havoc outside my window....with cooling temps. to follow,( AHHHHH) that is a concentric vent.THE direct vent application for our area!

The air intake is on the 4"pipe behind the cone, and the exhaust goes through the 2" "end of the cone".

Usual type vent/intake for the most part around here, with condensing boilers. Chris
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Bob,

• J.C.A._3
    Options
    Bob,

• jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    Options
    The Weekend

Love the heat, I will spend the weekend in the Attic before having to do the blizzard. No thank you Chris. J.Lockard
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Just be safe

Temps are regularly over 90 this summer with matching humidity levels here in southeast Michigan. It's great for contractor's increased revenues but along with it comes the dangers of heat stroke. Be safe -- keep safe!
  • Pat Clark_2
    Pat Clark_2 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    66 and sunny

here in Anchorage. Just finished putting together our new propane smoker so the wife can start smoking the 100 or so pounds of red salmon we now have in the freezer. Was sweating like a pig putting that thing together. Had I been down where most of you guys are, I would have had to wait until the middle of the night to do it. No 90 & 100 degree weather for me, I will melt.

I feel for you guys. Stay safe.

Pat (Alaska Time) Clark
  • JoeC
    JoeC Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Fish On!

Spent most of my morning filleting a catch of salmon and halibut. What weather we're having here in Anchorage!
  • S Davis
    S Davis Member Posts: 491
    Options
    Summer

It's sunny and 75 in mount vernon WA 60 miles north of seattle, we have been waiting for this all spring, no rain in almost two day's WOOHOOO.

S Davis

Apex Radiant Heating
  • Shaun Anderson
    Options
    Salmon

When I went to Viessmann a month ago I had some great salmon. Surely not as good as fresh Alaskan Salmon. Here in Colorado just don't have the fight taste to it. Wish I could savor the favor of your smoked treat.

TheFuture
  • Ron Schroeder_3
    Ron Schroeder_3 Member Posts: 254
    Options
    salmon fishing

would you like to go?
This discussion has been closed.