Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Day with Wayco Wayne

Options
bb
bb Member Posts: 99
I think it's time for me to hit the diet too Wayne! Maybe we can start together.... ;-)

Thanks again for the great day. It's amazing just how little space you guys get to do you work.

bb

Comments

• bb
    bb Member Posts: 99
    Options
    I had the pleasure…

To spend yesterday w/ Wayne and crew. A few weeks ago Wayne asked how to pipe an air separator in a small space. I forwarded a copy of our spec sheet for our new ZCP for Condensing and Modulation Boilers (CMB). Wayne liked the idea since space was an issue. I did not realize just how small of a space he was from our conversations.

Wayne was called into the job to fix a few problems which resulted in a scraping the previous piping. He chose to install a new Danfoss ZCP designed for Condensing and Modulation Boilers, our new ZCPCMB. 3 low temp radiant zones an indirect DHW.

I arrived on-site at just the right time. The old piping had been cut out, and the ZCP was ready to be hung on the wall. Theodore and I hung the ZCP on the wall with ease. Wayne started his magic shortly after. The space was tight to say the least! Wayne was able to reconnect the DHW, and boiler supply and returns in short order. In fact, the system was up and running by 3PM, excluding the radiant zones, which will be connect on another day.

Attached are photos of the scrapped system as it sat outside of the house, along w/ photos of work in progress. As you can see there was not a lot of space to work with here.

Thanks again Wayne!

bb
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Great job!

The compactness offered by these kinds of mixing panels certainly has its place. Congrats on the nice install despite the tight conditions. However, it should be mentioned that Ron Jr.'s magic tricks in Levittown make installs like this one look downright roomy!

Great work, great smile, Wayne and everyone else who was involved. Hopefully, the homeowners appreciate all of your work.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    When doing these extra palatial rooms a guys got to breath

in alot and achieve a medatative state in order to squeeze in and out of the slots :) and not being "cluster"phobic Helps :) n

Nicely done! :)upsized the venting and everything ...cool ...
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    my my Wayne

You certainly have grown out a bit sideways (more like just out the front) since I saw you way back when in Minneapolis @ Wirsbo!!!!

Nice job!!

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • Dave Heath_2
    Dave Heath_2 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Right decision

Great Work Wayne!
    Lot of opportunities to replace some of the old stuff out there and bring the customer into the 21st century. I have projects weekly with mechanical contractors that choose to install the Danfoss panels for replacement and new construction. I hope your expectations were met.

Would you consider installing another project with panels?
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Thanks everyone and esp Bill Burton.

Bills right he arrived just as I finished mounting the bracket and grabbed the panel before I could blink and hung it on the Wall. I had been called by Munchkin reps because their boiler was getting a bad rap tripping daily and needing reset. The Plumber had tried to get it right 3 times but failed. I remember ME's article about the difference between a plumber and a Heating techie and think this is a good example. The plumber had a good rep but between a new way of piping a boiler and the lack of space he struggled. when I came in and saw that quagmire of piping I instantly felt his pain. A quick rewire and repositioning of valves and the Homeowner was working temporarily until the panel and repipe. I will post my pics soon. BTW Cosmo I plan to start my diet tommorrow, or the next day or the day after that for sure. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Wayne,

> Bills right he arrived just as I finished

> mounting the bracket and grabbed the panel before

> I could blink and hung it on the Wall. I had been

> called by Munchkin reps because their boiler was

> getting a bad rap tripping daily and needing

> reset. The Plumber had tried to get it right 3

> times but failed. I remember ME's article about

> the difference between a plumber and a Heating

> techie and think this is a good example. The

> plumber had a good rep but between a new way of

> piping a boiler and the lack of space he

> struggled. when I came in and saw that quagmire

> of piping I instantly felt his pain. A quick

> rewire and repositioning of valves and the

> Homeowner was working temporarily until the panel

> and repipe. I will post my pics soon. BTW Cosmo I

> plan to start my diet tommorrow, or the next day

> or the day after that for sure. WW

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 255&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Wayne,

I recently dealt with one of this "type"of problems, only the installer was (at the time) one of us. John S. from HTP came out and did his magic with his laptop computer and the data fed by the control,and without even thinking, came up with the cause and solution.
    He, and the guy's from the REP company both said that the piping was well within their specs., which was something I had doubted from the start of the problem,so I accepted it.

The things that John's laptop were able to find were astonishing! Number of cycles, total hours run, and the fault codes that were found and the number of times they were corected by the trial period and/or lockouts.

I know that the Munchkin has had some big slams here on our board, but I still think that it has been browbeaten too often, and for the wrong reasons.Most of the units I've been asked to look at have been installed incorrectly or without any thought about specific "environmental issues" .

Ask some of the guy's from HTP, and you will find that I am NOT lying!!!!

Wayne, Nice job! Please remember, and don't ever take any crap from the guy's on the board about your weight, or your hair color.We've EARNED BOTH of them! Chris.

P.S. Hope you got to meet my "Goomba" Chris P. at Wetstock.
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    ZCP

Nice work, Wayne. I have yet to install the new condenser ZCP but I plan on trying one soon. Keep up the top notch work! -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words

Chris and Dan. It's hard to believe I've tried anything before you Dan. I know you've been using the Danfoss panels for a long time. I've fallen into the trap of trying to help people get into radiant who can't afford it and don't price the panels in. My clientel is changing some though since I seem to have a knack of making these things work, and my name is gertting around. Sorry I missed the RPA-WAC board meeting the other day. My phone starting going off in The Mall of America the Sunday after "The Last Waltz" and it hasn't stopped much since due to the heat wave we have been experiencing. Chris you're right. Munchkins do get a bad rap from being installed improperly. I've gotten a lot of work from the local rep since their troubleshooter can't get to everything. You're lucky to be closer to the factory where you can get someone out with first hand knowledge. I'm going to try and post some of my own pictures. Here's a picture of Bill Burton considering a new line of existential hydronic art. WW

• Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Hey Chris

No crap taken here. As long as Mrs Wayco doesn't complain I feel good about myself. I understand Cosmo's observation, though because when he saw me I was on the low end of my weight due to the Adkins diet I was on at the time. The diet worked great but it made me feel bad, with lack of energy and aching joints with flare ups of bursitus and tendonitis. I feel better now but should really get back to some kind of diet for health reasons. Yes I did meet Chris. He is a fine young man and I can tell he is getting hydronics fever. He should consider himself lucky working with you and Scott to lead him to hydronics heaven. :) WW

This discussion has been closed.