Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo: Great Stuff

Options
Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
I've recently been shown the Wirsbo line up and I think its an excellent arrangement of products and systems. I was a Stadler/Viega man and I still think they have great products. But, it looks like I will be using Wirsbo more often.

What are your experiences?

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Ecellent product...

great people and wonderful support. Thats why I use thier materials and training manuals in my college course, and why I got them involved with the Solar Decathalon project I'm consulting on.

They set the industry standard IMHO.

ME
  • Tim Doran
    Tim Doran Member Posts: 208
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Mark! They mean a lot to me comming from someone with such passion and committment. Thank you for considering our stuff Ted. If there is anything I/we can do for you just give me a call. 952-997-5334

Tim D.
  • John_82
    John_82 Member Posts: 63
    Options

I think Viega's tool is far superior to Wirsbo's tool. And the black tubing is more UV resistant, not to mention the Pex is electron crosslinked and cat scanned for quality!! Wirsbo isn't bad stuff, I just think Viega is better!

• We've been using Wirsbo for years, but I do have a few gripes.

1. Quik trak is extremely overpriced for what you get. I am very dissapointed that Wirsbo did not maintain the "bar standard" that I always expected them to maintain after years of being top of the heap. There are far better solutions out there, for not a lot more money... and, to be fair, far crappier for not a lot less as well! And stadler shares the blame there, being the original manufacturer for that product (aka climate panel), but I am sad that Wirsbo went "middle of the road" there instead of staying at the top.

2. Electronic meters required to read flow guages??? what the heck is that???

3. They do seem to "rip off" other people's ideas, notably thermofin and rehau's everloc fitting system (though rehau is also owned by Uponor I believe, so I guess that's more "sharing" than ripping off?). That, I don't have a lot of respect for, at least until the patent is up. I do understand the need for competition and such and that's fine, but I would vastly prefer Wirsbo use their incredible distribution system to distribute the best stuff, not a knock-off.

However the people at wirsbo are generally AWESOME, like Tim and Jim, they have probably done more than anyone to define, educate, and promote radiant systems, and their pipe and most components are top-notch and very reliable. We never hesitate to use them and in fact used them exclusively for years.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Wirsbo's.......

> I think Viega's tool is far superior to Wirsbo's

> tool. And the black tubing is more UV resistant,

> not to mention the Pex is electron crosslinked

> and cat scanned for quality!! Wirsbo isn't bad

> stuff, I just think Viega is better!

• John Abbott
    Options
    Wirsbo's........

> I think Viega's tool is far superior to Wirsbo's

> tool. And the black tubing is more UV resistant,

> not to mention the Pex is electron crosslinked

> and cat scanned for quality!! Wirsbo isn't bad

> stuff, I just think Viega is better!

• John Abbott
    Options
    Wirsbo's......

Tube, tools,products and support are incredibal I have used them exclusivly for eight years and don't have enough good to say when you need a product they come up with it. Not a tubing or a joint failure from other than field damage in thousands of joints and miles of tubing including domestic radiant and hydronic.It is very hard to argue with success

John
  • ALH_3
    ALH_3 Member Posts: 151
    Options
    Flow Meters

I never did understand the logic behind the flow meter thing.

-Andrew
This discussion has been closed.