Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

carlin ez pro on lockout

Options
Richard_4
Richard_4 Member Posts: 40
we have a carlin ez pro on a boderus, keeps locking out 7184 safety, cad cell reading 400 ohms, pump holding 20" vacuum, burner specs. are spot on..tiger loop is in place.. replaced 7184 and burner motor with new pse...still locking out..burner never locks out when we are there...what next? weak solenoid? bad tiger loop? two identical boilers side by side on seperate oil lines,not having any problems with the other one. could use a little insite.

Comments

• Biged
    Biged Member Posts: 117
    Options
    7186 lock out

jumper ff if still locking out control is bad.
  • curiousity kills
    curiousity kills Member Posts: 118
    Options
    lockout

Is it getting air from outside possibly too cold.Also there has been issues with the carlin primary.If it is marked REV.B on the control replace it.
  • Mijola
    Mijola Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Vacuum on pump

Ken, I think (hope) Rich means that the pump will hold 20" on a lock up vacuum test of the pump, not 20" running with the tiger loop. How about it Rich?

Ed Carey
  • Richard_4
    Options

Ed, you are correct, 20" vacuum was part of my diagnostic. I install tiger loops on single line oil supplies. Also the 7184 relay is not the problem and neither the motor or the burner set up. I suspect that the tiger loop or solenoid valve (oil delay) might be the problem. What do you think?
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options

I think you are correct sir... Can't imagine 20" running very long!!!!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    If it is a Carlin Ignitor

If it is a Carlin Ignitor my guess would be it is causing the problem you describe. They can and do mysterous things and can drive you nuts. The statement that they either work or don't is a myth.

Leo
  • Dan_15
    Dan_15 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    Lock out

If these units are side wall vented, I will look at cross contamination causing lock out. Also check oil line heater to insure functioning properly.
    Thanks,
  • Richard_4
    Options

I think we found the problem today. We, again found the burner off on lockout. Both boilers were off, one on lockout the other on tempature (standby).The tiger loop thats on the boiler off on standby had 1/4" fuel oil in it. The boiler off on lockout had no fuel oil in it (empty). It appears that the tiger loop was siphening back and or there is some other mfg. defect. Replaced tigerloop, so far so good.
  • B. Tice
    B. Tice Member Posts: 206
    Options
    Ez1 problem

I bet it's the sol. valve.
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Carlin lockout

Have have this problem before, check this out....the cad cell holder/eye connection has been lose and will fail from time to time. Install a new cad assembly. We've had 3 and they have been replaces under warranty.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185
    Options

You may want to invest in an OnWatch Monitor...

It can save you alot of aggravation and can keep those customers believing your the man!

I personally don't like to replace parts that are OK , just try getting your customer to pay for parts that don't fix the problem.

http://www.onwatchinc.com/model51/index.html
This discussion has been closed.