Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain System Circulator Pump

R. Fritz
R. Fritz Member Posts: 3
I have a Weil-McLain Gold Series 3 GV 4 boiler. The system circulator just started to make an unusual humming noise. (Sounds like the bearings are going) Should I replace it with the same pump that is in the boiler? Bell & Gossett NRF 22 or is there a different pump that is recommended? If there is a different pump would I have to replace both the system pump and the bypass pump?
Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    It could have something in the impeller or volute

remove and inspect before you replace. The smallest spec of debris will often cause a noise or misbalance vibration.

You may have to get that exact pump to fit into the space allowed, and to meeet the flow requirements of the boiler or system.

That is a system fluid lubed pump, make sure you have water and some pressure in the boiler :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • toearly_2
    toearly_2 Member Posts: 78

This might be a stupid statement....
    If you replace the circulator with a different one. Make sure it is installed properley. We have come across two GV boilers this year with replacement circs installed the wrong way. The instructions will tell you how they can be mounted

David
  • jeff_51
    jeff_51 Member Posts: 545
    personally

I like the Grundfoss 42-F. Should slip right in to replace the B&G. Make sure you are not air locked, try opening and closing the valves a couple of times quickly.
This discussion has been closed.