Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Link Radiant products

Options
Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
I am asking my co-professionals if they have ever used these products and how they felt about them.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 477
    Options
    HeatLink radiant stuff

Just commissioning a 65,000 SF radiant slab system on one of my jobs, all HeatLink 3/4" pipe and manifolds. Our contractor wasn't using any monosyllabic anglo saxon words associated with copulation while the install went in, so it must be OK!

There is another local project that will be using about 250,000 feet of HeatLink PEX as well. They are a fairly big player out here in the west, based out of Calgary. Their PEX has a UV coating exterior so it can be left in the sun for a little bit without degradation.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Is that the one with the manoblock segmented manifold made

out of plastic that leak if you look at them?

O ring city if its the same one I'm thinking of.

Works fine until you touch it then LEAKS everywhere, and doesn't just stop.

If not, NEVER MIND:-)

ME
  • GMcD
    Options
    No leaks yet

In any of the large systems I'm aware of out here. We are running system pressures of between 25 and 40 psig, no troubles.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    It's not a problem...

until you have to touch it for whatever reason, typically a re-purging incident where you have to access and exersize the branch isolation valves, then it looks like a Chinese Fire Sprinkler...

O rings may end up being the bane of this industry. We pretty darned dependent upon them,and many of them are in places that are not going to be easy to access in the future.

ME
  • GMcD
    Options
    Point noted.

I will certainly keep this in mind for the warrantee inspection a year from now as well as mention it to the HeatLink rep we deal with. He likes to keep in touch since I tend to design large scale radiant slab projects with kilometers of tube involved.
  • Matt_21
    Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    i have to agree with

mark e. any time you have to make an adjustment to the header, it leaks like a sieve. make sure you keep the o rings greased and any time you take anything apart, regrease everything. i like their tubing though. it seems a little more flexible than others. also, i like the thermostats. they send a pulse signal to the zone valve which cycles the valve to prevent temp overshoot in the room.
This discussion has been closed.