Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

info for me, money for HH,

Options
Leo G_99
Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
situation. Great idea Dan, these google ads, I have been visiting more sights that I have a particular interest in now! I find, using search engines most times frustrating and time consuming. These ads that are specifically for the content are to me, far better resources.

Thanx again Dan!

Leo G

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    I'm learning a lot from the ads.

There's one for a European solar association. The ad is in German so I wrote for their English booklet. It arrived this morning. Interesting stuff.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Leo G_99
    Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
    Options
    Now that is just plain FREAKY

it was after sending my info to the same group that I decided to post this thread!!!!!! I too just recieved their info this morning.

Leo G
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Go

figure!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Bush
    Dave Bush Member Posts: 155
    Options
    It's funny, you know.

I like the trade-related Google ads, personally. They can be informative and useful.

When HVAC-talk changed hands, there were the same ads on the site for a time, but the uproar from the members caused the new site owners to remove them. I don't really understand what the hubub was, but a lot of the ones yelling the loudest said that they made the site "hard to read" or were "intrusive". I don't find that to be the case at all, and in fact, fit in nicely with the whole education concept of the site(s).

It's an excellent idea and I'm glad that you chose to add these, Dan.

• DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks, Dave.

They're really helping us.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Changed Hands

I was there the other day..and after being sentenced to two years of silence, I was finaly a free to speak man. Here I thought the Boss was just being nice to me...LOL

Take care my friends! Google can make a lot of good things happen, and it not only improves the ranking under heating it also picks up on seperate post? Nice for some search terms, not typically searched for. I wish for them years of success. Funny though, they could still give it all up today and be rich for the rest of their life...

• Dave Bush
    Dave Bush Member Posts: 155
    Options

Boss is still a mod.

Build Central actually owns and administers the site.

Certain rules are more relaxed, others are more enforced.

Change is change. I have about 10,000 posts there, but I like to spread my two cents around as much as possible.:)

I like all of the forums, really.
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Yes me too

I'm just happy to be able to go back and share. Like we do here and elsewhere. No hard feelings here.

Bud
This discussion has been closed.