Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

JUST FEED BACK

Options
just put in my first honeywell T8665A wireless thermostat this am. 2 year old house w/ multistage system 6 wire pulled from the installing contractor only 3 useable wires. this t-stat and reciever very nice

Comments

• oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641
    Options

they are nice easy and reliable i had to put 1 in this year at a guys house that was just remodeled--gutted re-insulated,sheetrocked and painted too bad the guys must have shorted the stat wires --there was no way he was going to let me cut the new sheetrock to run new wires --so this was the perfect solution
  • Al Corelli - Agix Associates
    Options
    I'm off to install one now.

I was told that they have been discontinued? Took two weeks to get one from my supply houose. I have done the Danfoss ones, but have been told that they are also discontinued.

The Danfoss unit was great. It gave you the TT terminals directly without any extra wiring.

The Honeywell requires an 8222 relay to provide the dry contacts.

Simple is better. Honeywell should have a simple single zone unit that provides the TT directly.
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    Options

discontinued, i just picked up a second 1 from Marty Walsh -no mention of the t8665a,or the w8665 panels being done away with,,--oh yeah these were in stock -
    Options
    Big Problem with the relay.

Just got back from the install. The 8222D relay (24v coil) is buzzing and chattering. After chattering for 5-10 seconds, it clicks right on.
    Is this indicative of a transformer with inadequate VA?

I tried a larger gauge wire, even though the units (relay, transformer, wireless base unit) are very close together.

This is at a friend's house. Obvious, because this is Sunday.

Any ideas?
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    Options

take an amp reading-and voltage reading with all loads turned on -what are you running with the transformer besides the wireless unit,any taco 3-wire zones valves perhaps--- i think in the instructions they wanted a seperate trans for the panel or the wiring, if multiple zone valves might be feeding back --especially the taco 3-wire------- i would use a different trans and isolating relay i personally don't like those little contactors --oh yeah i've seen your trucks in New Rochelle green w/gold lettering i drive a 1999 blue chevy 2500 express with a faded and cracked WOW sticker in the drivers side rear window --i've passed your trucks on the road before
    Options
    Wrong guy.

That's Carilli.

We have two unmarked trucks. (keeps the tools from getting stolen)

A 2003 AWD AstroVan and a 2003 Full size Pewter Chevy that belongs to my partner, Mike Fisher Plumbing and Heating. Agix Associates (that's me) is the Heating end of Mike Fisher P&H.

We are in process of merging companies.

We buy from John at Westchester Square in The Bronx and Harbor Supply in Mamaroneck. My Dad is the Service Manager at Schildwacter Oil and my Grandfather was A&C Welding and is now doing boiler inspections in the five boroughs.

I have worked at A&C, Schildwacter and Pyro Fuel Oil and have been doing this since I was twelve. My Grandfather taught me how to weld at that age so I could crawl into the scotch marine boilers and weld refractory tabs around the end cones. Great guy, huh?
    Options
    But, to give more info on the problem..

The transformer handles nothing but the load of the wireless unit and the coil of the 8222. I think it may have been a transformer that I pulled off the shelf (no box).

It will buzz even if the load contacts are disconnected. The load contacts are only the TT from the 8124.

I have a 450 VA trans that I'll replace it with. I do not know what the VA is on the installed unit.

Thanks for the help.
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    Options

yeah 40va i guess thats someone elses truck maybe Borreli i'm usually in at the ICS plumbing ,Kent plumbing,Automatic heating,Central plumbing,Johnstone -supply houses --i started taking everything apart i could find from 2 started in high school crawling in boilers rolling tubes,refractory work--and worked my way up to service tech--i still do installs,wiring,sump pumps,oil pumps,condensate pumps,burners ,boilers, mixing valves any thing in the boiler room - etc.. --now i'm getting out time to move on
This discussion has been closed.