Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zone valve I.D. help

m_3
m_3 Member Posts: 19
Need help getting info on a zone valve, only numbers I could find on it were RP24-8104. Motorized zone valve, 6 terminal.Sounds like a Taco part number, but I've never seen a Taco zone valve like this. Any help would be app.
Thanks
Marco

Comments

• m_3
    m_3 Member Posts: 19
    flair?

Perhaps a Flair Valve? It does not have a manual open lever, nor a spring return. When the motor is jumped out, you can watch the stem keep revolving all the way around. from the open to the closed positions.I realize that flair is not around anmore, but does anybody have any idea where I can get any info? I think that it was never wired correctly in the first place.
  • Handy
    Handy Member Posts: 1
    Flair Zone Valve

The model number is located at the bottom of the zone valve. Yes it appears that this Co. no longer exists. I have flair model number UB172716 on two seperate zone.

Question: What Honeywell model replaces the above mentioned Flair model, and how different is the hook up.

Thanks for any help.

Handy
  • Marco how many terminals

does the zone valve have? If it has 6 wiring terminals it can be directly replaced by White Rodgers six wire valve, or Taco or Honeywell. If you get in touch with me I have wiring diagrams to do the replacement. My e-mail address is gastc@cox.net.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    It's not a Taco valve part number

Taco, Inc.
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
    401-942-8000 X 484
    www.taco-hvac.com
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions