Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Good first outfit to work for?

Options
Rob T.
Rob T. Member Posts: 1
Just finished Oil burner tech school and I'd like to know what would be a good co. to go with in Haverhill MA / Salem NH area .
One where I could learn HVAC work also.
-Just have the Yellow Pages to go by and it's hard to tell the pro's from the turkeys.
Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Rob

Comments

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    A good first company

A good first company to work for is one that will take a chance on a new guy who knows just enough to be dangerous. You have to be agressive and find someone who will hire you. It takes work but the end result will be worth it.

Good Luck,

Leo
  • Rookie_3
    Rookie_3 Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Rob

Good Luck!! I know you will get a lot of advise on this site about being aggressive and first impressions. I have already been advised on not taking no for an answer and to keep after them until you get a spot. The gentlemen on this site are mostly business people and I'm sure that this is how they conduct their hiring practice BUT.......here is some first hand knowledge of the area you are looking in.
    I say first hand because I am in that area and you name a company and I've probably already applied at least twice.
    Most are very nice people but the bottom line is they are looking for experience!! I am still doing whatever I can pick up on my own. (getting insurance without 3 yrs. behind you will be another story) I am also doing sub contract work in a large retirement community working on heat pumps.
    I do know people that have got into a few places but a lot of that is coming from knowing someone that is already in.
    Good Luck and I'd like to see you prove me wrong, if so my e-mail address is above. Drop me a line.

One other thing. You certainly found a good site here. That is also first had information because I have been out there alone with my back against the wall and a post here with the help of these gentlemen has saved me more than once.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.