Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar Components

Options
I'm installing a wall hung boiler with three zones. One zone will be low temp for in-floor. The other two will be for radiators and a domestic hot water storage tank with integral heat transfer plate.
My client wants a solar panel integrated into the system either on the domestic storage tank only or onto the overall (primary loop). Any suggestions from somebody who's actually done this already?

Comments

• Mike Tierney
    Mike Tierney Member Posts: 5
    Options

I would recommend that you make the solar system a pre-heat system for dhw only. Don't mess with the glycol side of the boiler system, just send the incoming cold h20 through the solar storage tank first, then onto the indirect fired h20 heater.
  • David Woycio
    David Woycio Member Posts: 107
    Options
    solar

Ditto Mike (how's the skiing? heard your getting dumped on) Nothin' like a little solar DHW system for this application unless you want to step up to a full blown solar thermal radiant heat pakage.
  • Nron_12
    Nron_12 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    solar

take alook at the viessmann solar package 2panls control and 2 heatexchanger storage tank for solar and boiler systems
  • Dorsey Davis
    Dorsey Davis Member Posts: 14
    Options
    solar heated pools

Now I have a customer asking about solar heated pools, and spa.
    I live to pick your brains....
  • Mike Tierney
    Mike Tierney Member Posts: 5
    Options

Yes, Solar heating pools and spas are a very cost effective way to go. Never turn down a sell. Let me know how I can help.
    MT
This discussion has been closed.