Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mighty Therm 325k High stack temp

Options
If I get the manifold pressure anywhere near 4.0" W.C. my stack temp goes to 525 F. Is this normal for an atmospheric boiler?

Comments

• Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    Options
    is it really 4\"....

what kind of measuring stick are you using, a guage or liquid-filled manometer?
    The reason I ask is a trusty old dial type gauge wasted a half day on a job because it just wasn't the right thing for the job. I was trying to set up a GP burner and it just wasn't right. I dug out my Bachrach "blue" manometer and foung the trouble right now. I had called the factory for assistance and the guy asked what I was using, when I told him he said " Throw that@#%& away!
    Anyway, anything higher than the specified manifold pressure will increase your input and the stack temp. You should clock the meter to check the input and run a combustion analysis when your input is correct.
    Best Regards,
  • Dick Carlson
    Dick Carlson Member Posts: 13
    Options

I was using a digital manometer. I clocked the meter at 160k at a setting of 3 on the modulating valve and the stack was over 400 F. Manifold pressure was about 2.25" at that setting and my delta T was 20 degrees through the boiler with a 26-99.
This discussion has been closed.