Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When I first spotted these new B&G

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
I though, surely they won't come with these nice plated flanges and plated BOLTS!?

Well, Shirley, I'm here to say they do too!

Two thumbs up to B&G for these versitile, quality, heavy duty iso flanges.

Competitors take note. Plating is a small thing that has a large impact :)

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    HotRod

I package these in all of my jobs. I do not sell a pump without them. I stock 34, 1", and 1-14" in Sweat and IPS. My rep has just told me that now 1-12 is now available.

These come with the bolt holes a little bit elongated so that we can put these on HV series pumps if need be.

I also am bringing in the new flanges from Intermountain LLC in Bozeman,MT. I will have to get a pic of them to post. Transition to sweat very affordably.

regards,

PR
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    the floating flang is a biggi for me...

i gave raven-sales and webstone notice: either you make your flanges float or loose the iso flange business
  • Leo G_99
    Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
    Options
    HR

I prefer the screw driver type of ball valves iso's. If need be, the handle never gets in the way. I'll see if I have a pic of them and post.

Leo G
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Yup

They do shine things up and the floating feature makes them the iso flange of choice.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    You can also

get them with a flo control check valve installed in the flange. It looks like the same on that comes in the Grundfos FC circs. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    Options
    I'll buy, Paul

I'm very interested in the Intermountain sweat flanges. Jim sent me a few sizes to try out.

Also need some of the 1-1/4 B&G with the check built in. Do you stock these?

How about the Raven exp iso valves?

Here is Caleffi that I am "lashing" (thanks Weezbo) to a Weil Ultra.

I like this Hydro Link I get a soils mounting for the circs, a air purger, a place to hang the exp tank, and purge ports. Saves a quite bit of primary loop building time. A heavy little sucker the HL.

hot rod

• Al Corelli - Agix Associates
    Options
    We use these all the time.

BUT...

The plating on the bolts is not always perfect and makes starting the nuts a real pain in the butt sometimes.

Usually the amount of bad plating is in direct proportion to the cumbersome-ness of the circulator.

Gimme plain zinc plated nuts and bolts any day.
  • Chuckles_3
    Chuckles_3 Member Posts: 110
    Options

> I package these in all of my jobs. I do not sell

> a pump without them.

So I guess even if I want to replace an existing pump, I have to pay?
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Handle-less valves.............

I've had several that refuse to move after a few years. The screwdriver slot and the allen key both strip out. My vote is for the B&G style.

Note to Webstone and others:........

The floating flange ring is the ONLY way to go. Get with the program or your product goes the way of the dodo bird.
  • hr
    Options
    I agree with Steve

those screw slot types become impossible to turn, years down the road. IF they do turn, they forever leak at the seal. Worse case they turn off, but strip when you try to turn them back on. Insult to injury :)

They cost you a mip adapter and threaded joint if you pipe with copper.

And they hate glycol! It's a "for sure" leak point.

hot rod

• Kritz_3
    Kritz_3 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    B&G Flanges

They Be Great, that's what B&G stands for isn't it?
    Steve
  • Sweet_2
    Sweet_2 Member Posts: 143
    Options
    I I agree

Be it balancing valves with slots or shower valve iso valves they deteriorate , ball valves have proven themselves.
  • hr
    Options
    A division of ITT

It Takes Time! I ordered these in November, got them a week ago. Issues with China and labor problems, they tell me?

Nice job, you sure cross party lines with your equipment choices :)

hot rod

• Kritz_3
    Kritz_3 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Just spreadin' the wealth!
    Steve K.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    *~/;)

soon as i saw them i beat it down to the wholesalers and requaested a few..when they first came in i bought all of them except one whatever...they need to get some larger ones i mentioned and bolted them up and gave one to a buddy Thanks for reminding me ....I need to get back down there and see if he got the ones with the check valve and the larger sizes..those are the ones you "shared: with us when you came back from ISH..the sweat flange ones i dont think are all that new though( my memorys running about freely in the parking lot with my mind ) however i belive i have used these about 24 years ago i think they had like hassels well,whatever...:))) the screw iso even with a dash of siloobue or WD-40 on the interior parts still aint great after many years, a gert screwdriver and a cresent might even be in order ....And Buddy that beny swoopy tool its a gas :) THANX
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    I always thought B&G stood for..

Blood -n- Guts...

GPM stands for Guppies Per Minute...

BTU stands for Better Thermal Utilization...

CYA stands for SEEYA :-)

ME

• Kal Row
    Options
    i agree with both sides...IE...

The handles do get in the way, and the slot types die, so i use handle types and remove and hang-tie the ones in the way, nearby, on a stranded copper wire - this is sometimes a must, on cold water lines in moist env's, that condense a lot and rot out the handle

Someone ought to market a deep T handle driver with sockets for different size ball-valve heads
  • Kal Row
    Options
    all we have to do is stop sending the raw stuff to china..

and all the jobs come right back here...well, not quite all.. since unions/osha and such ilk have made labor so expensive here, that they will probably be made by robots, just look at the us toyota plant, almost more robots than people

i wonder if it's too late to get into robot service business - talk about a high pressure job, every second of downtime... ;)
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Of course not.

When I bid a complete job to my contractor, they are all inclusive in my quote.

Over the counter onsies, twosies always applies. Isn't America Great!

Regards,

PR

• Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Yes

Hotrod,

We just finished our fiscal year end and I am a little low on a few items, but I do have one pr of 1-14 SWT with flow check. They are the 101233.

I am rebuilding my inventory as we speak. The Caleffi Low-Loss Header is also on my list of products to bring in. The Raven EXP iso valves I am not familiar with and I do not have them in inventory.

Regards,

PR
  • Kal Row
    Options
    wish they made plain floating flange sets...

i use them instead of unions, it would also be nice if they had bolt insulator kits for dielectric use -

lets see: you need: 4 reg washers, 4 fiber washers and 2 plastic sleeves(i have used heat shrink tubing making sure the tubing fit through the washers at both ends) - how much does that cost in bulk, they could include it with every set,
    the only potential cost item would be the thinner but same torque bolts required to fit in existing flange holes
This discussion has been closed.