Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Voter turn out

Options
Sweet_2
Sweet_2 Member Posts: 143
side of the isle you sit on this is apretty good day for the people of Iraq.A little validation for the sacrifices our young men and women have indured . THanks to the Armed Forces of America!!!

Comments

• Greg Swob
    Greg Swob Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Interesting, though...

Here, the typical voter turnout is 40-60% of eligible voters and all we have to concern ourselves with is traffic and a little waiting in line. Those folks are dodging bullets and bombs, literally and they showed up in droves to vote. They see how precious a democracy is. Albeit, turnout was light in some of the Sunni and more dangerous cities. Greg
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Yep

In any case, the chance to vote is a precious thing. I wish them luck. AS Churchill said: "Democracy is THE WORST form of gov't....but its better than all the rest." Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Geo_4
    Geo_4 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    We take it for granted

And like was said earlier our turnout is usually pathetic. God bless everyone of them who went out to vote and all who made it possible. I hope they can keep the momentum going and spark the flame of democracy in the middle east.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Methinks.........

There are a lot of mullahs that are nervous in other countries over there this morning.

The people that went to the polls over there in spite of the threats can stand tall and walk proud today. Rightly so!

I salute them.
This discussion has been closed.