Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Birds of prey in Bethpage

Options
Darin Cook_3
Darin Cook_3 Member Posts: 389
There was a nice article in the NYS Conservationist magazine about the local red tail hawk and great horned owl population in the Bethpage state park, LI. If you ever wonder what helps keep your rodent population down, just look up.

Darin

Comments

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Bethpage Park is full of Wildlife

I was hoping they might open a Turkey season becasue it is becoming overrun, Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Things are about to get a little exciting.......................

at the birdfeeder, Dan, watch out for birds of prey. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    want to

Ever want to see a German shepard run like crazy? Mine upset a great white owl a while back. Everytime she went out the door the owl chased her around screaming at her. Not sure how but they made peace or the owl got tired of the game....:) As to red tailed hawk's, they are not most beautiful bird to watch on a summer day. Specially if the nest is full and they are doing flying lesson's...:)
  • Darin Cook_3
    Darin Cook_3 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    I made the mistake

of unknowingly sitting underneath a red tail hawks nest last spring turkey season. I had ghosted into the woods in the cover of darkness. But when the sun came up the hawks went on the war path. Divebombing me and letting out their war cries. I could have let a burst go out of the model 11, but first of all that's illegal and second of all I was the intruder. I just moved on to greener roosts.

Darin
This discussion has been closed.