Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pex Uncoiler choices

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
which is short for herman ...any way i like HRMN for what he does , he likes 300 and 500 foot loop rolls and dislikes (gets persnickity with 1000 footers.) i dont buy 1000 ' lengths. however,the rehau uncoiler has wheels and is a sturdy ladd, we call him the Red Boy. hes a hassel cause hes kinda Beefy *~/:)however hes Tough :) and likes 1000 footers.The heavy duty wirsbo wheeler outter i only seen a couple years ago and like i say i dont use 1000' rolls. Mostly the Red Boy is like an all terrain vehicle, HRMN is Like civilized and all ways always works on a flat surface.

Comments

• Bart_2
    Bart_2 Member Posts: 18
    Pex Uncoiler choices

What are your thoughts on the Best tube uncoiler? We purchased a Wirsbo uncoiler 2 or 3 years ago and though it has worked I am unimpressed by the quality and durability of the unit. Our application is usually residential floor tube so 1000' coils of 5/16", 3/8", or 1/2" pex are the most common pipe sizes and lengths. Any good reccomendations?

Bart
  • the rock

Have you looked at the Rock Uncoiler?

Just received a brochure on it and they look pretty cool. I would love some feed back on it before I start stocking them.

Looks to be less then the Roth or the Wirsbo uncoiler, even when yu add the wheel kit.

see it at www.toolsthatrock.com

skw
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    A \"perfect\" uncoiler

just doesn't exist :) Ones that work well for small rolls of small diameter and easily move into rooms, can't handle larger diameters and coil lengths.

If you do outside slabs I bolt the uncoiler on my trailer or truck bed to help it stay put. That is my biggest complaint keeping the uncoiler from tipping or following you around as you pull :)

I've found, anymore, it is easiest to put a roll of 300' pex al pex on my shoulder and walk away using my foot to locate it. Roll it out bend the loops return to the manifold, then go back and space and tie off with the cliptie tool.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo G_99
    Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
    W

is the Rehau one the one that can be used verticaly as well as horizontal??

Leo G
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    I apologise for Hy jacking this thread the last go round...

I just have a depraved sence of humor at times .*~/:) i sorta thought everyone would get a kick out of it and think Best be careful what i say...this guy is likely to take things too literal.... Ok You're Hired! :)
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    tech choice

We have five uncoilers from four different manufacturers and the mechanics reach for Wirsbo's first. Its compact state while dismantled and quick set-up make it an ideal companion in a van already stuffed with radiant products.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • pex uncoiler

Hey Hot Rod!

I believe the perfect uncoiler does exist! go to www.toolsthatrock.com and check out the "Rock Un Roller Tube Uncoiler". I might be a little unfair being that it is ours but I think you would be impressed with it. We have only received positive feedback from our customers. It was invented by a plumber who was tired of crappy uncoilers. It comes with a lifetime warranty, powder coat finish, zinc plated hinges. It can handle up to 1000' rolls of pex of 1/2". Do you want one for testing purposes? We have two offers, we can send you one to try for a month and then send it back to us if you are not satisfied, and if you are we will invoice you. Two, you can just buy one, and if it's crap you can send it back and we'll then refund your money.
    Does Your Tool Rock? It will when you purchase tools from us!
  • pex uncoiler

Just a quick reply to your message. If you would like some feedback on the Rock Uncoiler we would be more than happy to give you names and numbers of our customers we have sold to and our wholesalers that we have sold to. We at Tools That Rock obviously believe that this is an outstanding uncoiler.
    Does Your Tool Rock? It will once you purchase tools from us!
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Ya know

I called your office right after I got my brochure about your uncoiler to get the names of people that had purchased it. I never got that list.

• Tools that ROCK

I orderd my Rock uncoiler this morning after throwing away my Wirsbo uncoiler and and home made plywood & rollers kept knotting the 5/16"

We shall see if tool rocks or not.

• Andrew Hagen (ALH)
    Andrew Hagen (ALH) Member Posts: 165
    Vanguard

makes a nice uncoiler. It's on page 56 of the catalog.

Vanguard Catalog

-Andrew
  • Al Corelli
    Al Corelli Member Posts: 454

We use the tried and true Wirsbo uncoiler. It folds up and goes back in its original box and takes up very little space.
    Sure, it can be a little ungainly with 1k ft on it, but it always works OK for us.

I saw a new Wirsbo uncoiler at the supply house. Looks like it holds the roll vertical. Damn, that's a big ****! I can borrow it from them if I need it. We have no room to store it.
  • ryan_7
    ryan_7 Member Posts: 50
    uncoiler

We made our own out of osb. Works great, the orginal wirsbo uncoiler is horrible, I have seen the new one and would relish trying it out
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Wirsbo uncoiler

We used it too for many years.

But since I met this guy, I don't need anything else.

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
  • rglennpexman
    rglennpexman Member Posts: 2
    New Fireman Uncoiler - worth a look...

Check out the new Fireman Uncoiler (see their website) - collapsible for transporting yet very strong robust USA construction,weighs less than 20 pound. It can handle 1000' rolls of 1/2" pex no problem. It sets up and demounts in less than a minute, which is fantastic for us. This is a serious contender for Best Uncoiler, see for yourself.

rglennpexman
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Tools that rock!!!!

I have three uncoilers.  Big all-terrain Wirsbo model (rather wish I never purchased it), the "folding" wirsbo model that got all bent up after about a year (worked okay but should not be used for anything other than 300' x 1/2" or smaller and has nothing to contain it making it extremely clumsy).

The gem of them all has been the "Tools that Rock" uncoiler.  It is all contained in its own case, can handle 1200' x 1/2" Viega like its asking for more and works on any surface.  I love it, its not light so if your looking for one that is this is not it but it will perform.

I did not get paid to write this, I will however accept donations...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    we like the rock unroller

but we do find some springs can die fairly easy on them.

easy fix, but I'd recommend having a replacement set of ring/spring assemblies on hand for professional work.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
This discussion has been closed.