Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Happy CO Holidays

John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
I've already seen several stories of CO deaths around the holidays. I'll post when I get a chance. Sad, CO deaths never take a holiday do they? In this case, an odor of gas was detected. Might be CO, might not.

Police believe elderly couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning

The Brownsville Herald

December 29, 2004 — Christmas turned tragic for a Brownsville elderly couple who police believe died of carbon monoxide poisoning over the weekend as they sought warmth from a gas heater.

According to Brownsville police, the bodies of Viviano Sierra, 78, and Evangelina Xagoraris, 73, were found Tuesday in the couple’s home on Portway Drive.

The cause of death has not been confirmed and autopsies have been ordered to determine carbon monoxide levels in the bodies, said Lt. James Paschall.

“The toxicology reports are going to be critical to determine the levels of poisoning,” he said.

Family members became worried after they hadn’t heard from the couple for at least two days and visited their home Tuesday afternoon, Paschall said.

The family noticed a strong gas odor surrounding the house and called 911 after repeated calls and knocks on the locked door went unanswered.

Emergency responders knocked down the door and found the deceased couple in their bedroom.

Fire Marshall Ben Nuñez said his department will conduct tests to determine the origins of the gas.

“We’ll work with the gas company to run tests and determine if there were any leaks and where they are located,” Nunez said.
This discussion has been closed.