Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Boiler Controls??

also have a look at the tekmar 260 Boiler Control.

Visit www.tekmarcontrols.com or call 250-545-7749 for more information.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Mike

Comments

• L Cossette
    L Cossette Member Posts: 1
    New Boiler Controls??

A warm hello to the guys in the heating world. I stumbled on this web sight in my quest for information. I am in the process of seeking and finding a contractor to replace my domestic heating system: Oil fired, circulated water thru baseboards and I'll also be adding DHW tank (indirect). My current system is 50 + years old and its efficiency's have been dropping annually. Its time to replace and get my efficency and reliability back. In my quest for information in is apparent that Weil-McLain and Budarus are the two "big" players. Given the relitivly small cost differance I am being quoted I am leaning toward the Buderus (3 pass system). I am however trying to come to grips with the control system. I have the information on the Logamatic HS2109 (a 1800.00 option) and I have seen reference to the R2107 control. Can anyone walk me through the differences? Is one system better suited for my application (residential)? Are the benifits wirth the cost? or is it better to keep the system simple?

Thanx Lenny
  • Ron Schroeder_2
    Ron Schroeder_2 Member Posts: 176

As much as I love the Buderus boilers, there are times that other than Buderus controls are a good choice to go with one. I think for your situation, the Tekmar or similar would be a real good choice for less money.

Ron
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Sir i like Buderas........

it is a fine control , however, with a person who has understanding and experience there are other options....at least ask the contractor what they might be. perhaps the contractor has reasons for the control ad you are purchasing more than you realize as it may be His favorite and he may find it easiest to understand and maintain.getting someone to whell by the house at the drop of the hat these days is not an easy thing to do,so,if you like him and hes there for you, ....you might put a fair market value on his commitment to you.if hes is installing it and your on your own...well, there are other top quality controls.....
This discussion has been closed.