Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco circulator gaskets

Options
Ken C.
Ken C. Member Posts: 267
I replaced a Taco 007 circulator today. I prefer the red, flat gaskets, but I didn't have any in the truck, so I had to use the black, round gaskets that come with the circulator. I didn't have any leaks, but I would think the flat red gasket would be more reliable, since it has much more sealing area. I took a tour of the Taco plant a while ago, and a factory rep told me he likes to use both styles of gaskets together. I'm just curious what type of gasket most of you use, and has anyone ever had a problem with the round black gaskets that come with the circulator? How many of you always use new circulator flange bolts?

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Ken , i agree with the factory guy.

• oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641
    Options

i always replace the bolts if i have to change the whole pump--most times i just change the cartridge --i have run into problems with the black gaskets --on the Taco and B&G if the piping is real tight when used on sidearm oil heaters in commercial applications with 2" black pipe going to it --those i use the red rubber--but the red rubber does not hold up as long as the black never heard of using both though--if the piping is spreadable and the flanges are in good shape always use the black
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 706
    Options
    Flat gasket, or O-ring?

Apparently, there is still some confusion on which flange gaskets to use with the Taco 00 series cartridge type circulators. EPDM, O-rings with a square cross section are standard, and included with the circulators. This gasket has been proving to be a superior design, over the old red flat gaskets that can take a permanent seat when heated. When using taco shut off flanges, there is a flat black gasket included, and must be used with the o-ring included with the pump. Hopefully, this helps shed some light on which flange to use.

Taco, Inc.
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
    401-942-8000 X 484
    www.taco-hvac.com
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.