Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex for plumbing

Options
mp1969
mp1969 Member Posts: 226
Plumbing Pex Question?????
We have run into a situation where we would like to use pex piping for flex purposes on a well pump system. The problem we are having is finding a small amount of 1 1/4" tube and the tools to make several joints. I know Wirsbo makes the piping but we are having a hard time finding (preferably renting the tools) and about 10' of pipe.
Of course this is something the boss needed yesterday so he asked me to network for him.
Any ideas or alternate methods to put a flexible 1 1/4 piece of potable water approved material between a ridgid casing and a pump with torque related movement?????
Thanks in advance!

Rich Kontny

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    if it on...

a well PE will be fine..thats the black piping and it can be joined with barbed fittings and hose clamps...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    what is the reason for 1 1/4\" ?

one inch pex can hang in there bang out some gpm flows and fixture units. why not use 1 ".......e arent refering to hanging a 60 lb pump 285 feet down in a 8" casing i hope.
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Apparently it is between the outside source piping which is 1 1/4" and the connection to the pressure tank.
    I was given very limited info and have not seen the proposed application. I will firm that up today and have a better handle on what the flex characteristics are needed for. I am thinking that if volume is the problem then maybe we can parellel two 1" pex lines to compensate for any flow problems.The big problem with Wirsbo is that you cross over from in house tools and fittings to special tools and fittings when you go from 1" to 1 1/4". If we could rent the proper expansion tools and purchase maybe 20' of 1 1/4" pex pipe we could easily complete the job (cost effectively)

Thanks for the responses !

Rich K.

This discussion has been closed.