Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what boiler should I install and why??

Options
MT
MT Member Posts: 21
I am fairly new plumber in business and I want to start doing heating now. I am doing an estimate for a customer for a boiler with a indirect heater. I am going nuts trying to figure out what type of boiler to use. Can somebody give me some advice. Email me. thanks MT

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    well...

what is the application...is there a chimney, fuel type,what is the heat distributor(baseboard, radiant floor, panel rads,cast iron rads...)kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • MT
    Options
    boiler

it is going to be for a two zone possibly three. With baseboard slant fin 30. Owner wants it in a garage, so was thinking of a induced draft. It is natural gas . MT
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    having more info now...

A lot depends on what you can get from your suppier..I would go for a Burnham 2PV series, a Weil-Mclain CGi, or a Laars JVh. I have used all...For the Indirect...a Superstor Contender or one of the companions that the Boiler mfg. uses would be fine. kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wes Weber
    Wes Weber Member Posts: 10
    Options
    what kind

It depends on what is most available in your area. Develop a relationship w/your supplier and use products that you can support. You may save the customer pennies and then not be able to get parts later. We love Burnham.
  • MT
    Options
    boiler

my area sells slant fin , ener jet, and buderus. I used the heat loss calc from slant fin so maybe I should go with that. Thanks for all your opinions.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    MT

Use what you are most comfortable with.

You need to service this unit and be able to have quick answers when you need them. Use the boiler you have used the most.

Scott

• jesse the great
    jesse the great Member Posts: 72
    Options
    boiler selection

i personally would use a buderus mostly for the quality in the product
    1 they use a silicone in there castings to prevent corroding
    2 they use 3inch thick insulation around there boilers so it dosent loose a lot heat
    3 there boilers are thermal shock resistant
    4 and for an indirect go with the buderus again the inside is coated with this stuff its kinda like porcelain and will last longer than you will

so gidy up, have fun, and pump away from the expantion tank
This discussion has been closed.